tips for a fruit and veg hater...?!

lilpixiesue

So my husband wants to try and lose weight too (think he is jealous of my fabulous weight loss ha ha) and I suggested he do slimming world with me, as that makes the most sense!

BUT... i think we will struggle to get the superfree into him so I wonder how it's gonna work!
He doesn't like any vegetables at all!! The only veg superfree I can see him eatin is chopped tomatoes, onions and peppers (if they are chopped small and in a sauce!)
He likes bananas and will eat apples at a push.

He's gonna drive me mad, isn't he?! Any ideas?!

It'll be difficult but I was very much the same when I started SW 6 months ago. For that reason I stuck to red and green days as the superfree rule isn't AS important as it is when doing Extra Easy.

However, as time has gone on my tastes have definitely changed. I couldn't stand much veg apart from carrots and mushrooms - and I thought peppers were work of the devil. Now I eat and enjoy tomatoes, peppers, onion, butternut squash, swede etc etc. I've heard a lot of people say that their tastes change while doing SW - it might be the same with your hubby. Now I switch between all 3 of the plans, EE most often because now I don't worry about my 1/3 superfree.

I would probably say srick to Red/Green days - I am trying this as I also struggle with eating the 1/3 superfree with every meal. This is my 2nd week of red/green so I will see how I get on tonight at WI!!!

I was a complete veg hater (actually it was more of a phobia), and didn't each much fruit when i first started SW, it was only red and green then, but I stuck to green mostly, so i could have pasta and beans. Always struggled with red and had scrambled egg with practically everything. It is doable but hard going. I eventually made myself eat more veg, i still don't particularly like it and don't eat a massive amount, I do make sure I have enough to get 1/3 if i'm on EE though.

Back