Over doing the fruit and veg???? <pass me that kite!!!>

ammixx

Evangelistic newbie, I have gone from very little veg and no fruit to loads of the stuff, especially now on EE SP week. result? Still no major poo activity considering how much I m eating but what a tummy!!!! Think Demi Moores pregnancy Vanity Fayre pic and you get the idea!!! My tummy is solid, massively distended n hard with trapped wind :( two days now on Wind Setlers (good product) but apart from a bit of duvet lifting and rushing to open the windows, still not much better. Also have gained 4 lbs since the 1/2 lb weigh last weds first week. Quit the apples n pears (pectin can add to the problem) for two oranges, and a tuna stir fry for tea. baked beans on toast and a nib of cheddar for hE A. I swear I am on plan, all syns recorded - as a last resort have taken my Movicol in case of emergency faecal impaction sachets today. I know they say whatever happens, stick to the plan but am so tempted to swerve all fruit n veg for a day or two, keep the protein to fish and grilled chicken n see it that elps :( Anyone else been in this situation? hot date weds evening - this needs to be resolved pronto :? xx

Evangelistic newbie, I have gone from very little veg and no fruit to loads of the stuff, especially now on EE SP week. result? Still no major poo activity despite 2 doses of Fibrogel, considering how much I m eating but what a tummy!!!! Think Demi Moores pregnancy Vanity Fayre pic and you get the idea!!! My tummy is solid, massively distended n hard with trapped wind :( two days now on Wind Setlers (good product) but apart from a bit of duvet lifting and rushing to open the windows, still not much better. Also have gained 4 lbs since the 1/2 lb weigh last weds first week. Quit the apples n pears (pectin can add to the problem) for two oranges, and a tuna stir fry for tea. baked beans on toast and a nib of cheddar for hE A. I swear I am on plan, all syns recorded - as a last resort have taken my Movicol in case of emergency faecal impaction sachets today. I know they say whatever happens, stick to the plan but am so tempted to swerve all fruit n veg for a day or two, keep the protein to fish and grilled chicken n see it that elps :( Anyone else been in this situation? hot date weds evening - this needs to be resolved pronto :? xx

Hello, oh god I really feel for you. I have IBS and at the moment sound exactly the same with the painful swollen tummy.
Only thing I can think of that might help at this stage (and from my own experience, I'm no health expert) is not adding to the problem- cut back on food full stop. Only eat when you are genuinely hungry and drink lots of water. I think the initial shock to the system of eating all the extra fibre is bound to have an effect but coupled with dehydration makes things 10x worse.
Have you got any peppermint tea? That can really help too- brew it strong and keep drinking it. I also take peppermint oil capsules before meals when I'm in a flare- available at Holland and Barrett and really useful to have in the house. Also senokot before bed if poss- it's quite gentle but usually effective.
Really hope you feel better soon! It's so horrid!

Hello, oh god I really feel for you. I have IBS and at the moment sound exactly the same with the painful swollen tummy.
Only thing I can think of that might help at this stage (and from my own experience, I'm no health expert) is not adding to the problem- cut back on food full stop. Only eat when you are genuinely hungry and drink lots of water. I think the initial shock to the system of eating all the extra fibre is bound to have an effect but coupled with dehydration makes things 10x worse.
Have you got any peppermint tea? That can really help too- brew it strong and keep drinking it. I also take peppermint oil capsules before meals when I'm in a flare- available at Holland and Barrett and really useful to have in the house. Also senokot before bed if poss- it's quite gentle but usually effective.
Really hope you feel better soon! It's so horrid!
Thanks so much Rosie :) No change today so am going to take your advice and cut everything right down. I just had 1 HEB 2 slices of toast with a small serving of baked beans. I ve never had troubles with any beans so fingers crossed. I'll have my other 1 HEB at bedtime with marmalade - my inner Paddington Bear can' t sleep without it :) For the rest of the day, I have seafood sticks, prawns and mussel meat, and I ll make a SW Marie rose sauce to dip in plus a dash of lemon juice and black pepper to jolly things along. I d love a crispy salad to go with it, but daren't go near any veg. I might have an orange if I feel the need later, but hopefully this will help. I m not only dreading the scales on weds for myself, I think I ll wreck the class average which won t help me feel part of the gang :( xx Thanks Rosie and all the best with your week x

Oh don't worry about your weigh in, or even your class average! I'm sure people will be more concerned about your health than anything. If you were really anxious about it could you ask for a holiday? If you explained the circumstances it might be the way to go.
The orange might help get things moving! And do try the peppermint- it's helped me massively today though I'm still in a fair bit of pain. Feels high up like stitch today which is unusual for me.
Your food sounds good and healthy- at least you are sticking to plan! I have managed a cup a soup and a few chunks of roast chicken :-/ It's difficult because I feel sick if I'm hungry and sick if I'm full! So trying to graze.
Oh and try a little walk if you can! X

Oh don't worry about your weigh in, or even your class average! I'm sure people will be more concerned about your health than anything. If you were really anxious about it could you ask for a holiday? If you explained the circumstances it might be the way to go.
The orange might help get things moving! And do try the peppermint- it's helped me massively today though I'm still in a fair bit of pain. Feels high up like stitch today which is unusual for me.
Your food sounds good and healthy- at least you are sticking to plan! I have managed a cup a soup and a few chunks of roast chicken :-/ It's difficult because I feel sick if I'm hungry and sick if I'm full! So trying to graze.
Oh and try a little walk if you can! X
Weirdly, I don't get on at all with peppermint - can you believe it??? Even a bit of toothpaste swallowed feels like I drank liquid cement - gurgling, unhappy tum. Back on my own planet, we never touch the stuff - leave it for you earthlings ;0 xx I did wonder if I might ask for a holiday but have I left it too late? I couldnt stay last week so might source a class earlier than my usual 4pm, and go wreck their scores :) I don't have much too lose so they ll probably think - wooo hooo - big weight loss coming - till the scales give me away :) Then l shall slink away, a social leopard ;0 xx ^^:oops: And I do feel easier already, not having had any fruit or veg - I think I have just freaked my body out. Might not have been healthy eating before SW but my system was used to it. Never met a bag of crisps didn't make me feel fab :) !! xx:p

Hahaha no I've never met a dodgy bag of crisps either!
Ohh how annoying for you not liking peppermint! I didn't particularly like it at first but forced it down and I am ok with it now. Maybe try the capsules if it's an ongoing problem?
All the fruit and veg is a shock to the system - I think veg is more likely to block you than fruit but again that's personal experience.
Can't help you on the class front I'm afraid- I don't go so not sure how much notice you have to give! I gather some people text their consultant if they're having problems though, could you do that?
If not yes go and scupper another groups average lol x

Hahaha no I've never met a dodgy bag of crisps either!
Ohh how annoying for you not liking peppermint! I didn't particularly like it at first but forced it down and I am ok with it now. Maybe try the capsules if it's an ongoing problem?
All the fruit and veg is a shock to the system - I think veg is more likely to block you than fruit but again that's personal experience.
Can't help you on the class front I'm afraid- I don't go so not sure how much notice you have to give! I gather some people text their consultant if they're having problems though, could you do that?
If not yes go and scupper another groups average lol x
Well - after going on about for a few days now, I have to announce - a solution!!! have laid off all fruit and veg n salad today apart from fresh parsley on my seafood. And - though I ve done sooo much am not actually sure what has helped - fibrogel, glycerin suppository, haemorrhoid suppository, much less food - IHEB toast with baked beans, seafood, kidneys in red wine gravy ( made to SW standards and frozen before the EESP week), one packet of ready salted crisps and two scoops of extremely decadent ice cream from a parlour, in a ridiculous cone covered with colourful chocolaty sprinkles and lime sauce (not SW ;) ).... not counted the syns etc, threw caution to the wind so to speak, and have just returned feeling normal from the loo. I ll see what the state of the nation is tomorrow - back on SW tomorrow but no fruit n veg and might go to w I on weds. I just think I overdid the healthy stuff in a big way. Moral of the story for me - just because you can, doesn't mean you should :) xx Also found an older thread on here written as if it was me writing it - so at least it s something for people to be aware of xx

Oh that's great! Sometimes a naughty works a treat, though obviously it could be any of the above that worked for you!
I'm the other way at the moment- so used to healthy eating and then had a weekend totally off plan and my body is like 'what the hell is all this?!'
Glad you are feeling much better, good luck for WI :)

Back