Tips for good losses on green/EE...

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Happy New Year everyone!! I am sooo glad 2010 is behind me - it was a real stinker! I am now 100% focused on getting to goal!!

I always always always do red. I'm scared to death of carbs but love them soooo much. I need to cut my food bill down drastically and so I feel I need to face my fears!

I will have a good nosey at the diaries and recipes on here but was hoping that some of you green/EE experts could give me some tips on how to make sure I still get good losses.

Things like how to get your 1/3 superfree in - a bowl of pasta is normally just that for me.

Would green be better than EE so I'm jot mixing carbs and protein so much or would EE be better as I'm likely to have less carbs?

Argh I need help!!

When I have green days I find I don't eat so much Superfree food, which is one of the reasons I don't have great losses on green.

I reckon if you aim for lots of speed foods and have loads of superfree foods you'll see good losses.

pasta is easy..
tomatos are veg... mushrooms, onions, garlic, pepers??....
whack a bit of greenery on the side ( spinach or something? ) or experiment with things like beans in the sauce or sweetcorn.. who knows, it might be nice..

Pasta with roasted veg and a tomato sauce is something I was thinking of but trying to get enough veg into it to make up 1/3 - Argh!

Sweetcorn doesn't count as your 1/3 though right?

I always found on green days that whilst it was easy to get lots of veg into meals, they were always in much smaller quantities to my red day meals. I always have to plan a bit more on green to make sure i'm having loads of veg!

Perhaps I'll carry on having my mashed swede....might be a bit weird with pasta but it is my favourite thing ever - life wouldn't be the same without it!

I never thought I would be able to do green days withs good losses but I make sure I have salad with lots of stuff so in theory still getting 1/3 to 1/2 super free! So I'd have a big jacket with hex of cheese and the rest of my plate with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, onion etc and then I'd have pesto pasta and big salad on the side it saves me half a plate of pasta cos if I didn't have the salad as well I'd have a full plate of pasta! Get the gist?

Yup....sounds like a plan.
I can only but try! My aim for losing weight in 2011 is not to become obsessed by the numbers and just for it to keep going down while still having a life. If I can enjoy my food and lose weight I'll be a happy lady!

Back