Tips for making shakes,soups go further

supermummyd

Any tips for making shakes and soups go further appreciated.

use flavoured water to make ice lollies....have as many as you please:)

I use mousse mix once a day, i am unsure if it actually makes the shakes go further but I find it certainly makes them more filling and it takes me ages to eat it (i use a teaspoon) and it feels more like having proper food

When you say mousse mix, is that simply adding less water to the shakes to get a mousse consistency?

Add some chic shake powder to original porridge for a new flavour.

I ensure the water is really really really cold to make the mousse. I measure out 150mls into the bowl i am going to make it in and bung it in the freezer for about 20 mins until it is just starting to get a frozen "skin" on the surface. Mix a scoop of mousse mix in the packet with the shake mix, dump it in the icy cold water, whisk it for between one and two minutes, bung it back in the freezer for another 5 minutes to set then hey presto, a gorgeous creamy genuine mousse!

PS my autocorrect keeps trying to change mousse into mouse :eek:

I add more water to my shakes and blend them....makes them bigger. I also blend them with Ice xx

Going to get me some mix a mousse me thinks! I finally got round to reading up on Ss in the book, and it says only one mix a mousse to be used per day......I was planning on making a huge tub....lol

Does anyone know if you can get the mix a mousse in Australia?

I have used one scoop a day for 17 days and its getting a bit low. Slim and save sell one and from what I can see it is exactly the same stuff but a bit cheaper.

Just read, you can make thick shake, then blob it into coin sizes and bung in microwave for cookies....hmmm...

have you tried this super mummy?

Hey super mummy! I just went for my weigh in and I have lost 2kgs (4pounds) and 3cm off my tummy :)

How did your go??? Xxx

Loving the meal tips :) Remember though that CD advises not to cook or freeze products as it may affect the nutritional values. Some people have said that they have their 3 products to get the nutrients and then use a 4th one to make a frozen or cooked variant, but I can't see the point in that myself as the products are around 150cals and quite high in carbs and sugars compared to a standard biscuit/icecream or whatever, so without the nutrients it seems a bit pointless - unless you really like them of course!

My favourite way of making the shakes go further is making them with loads of icy cold water or crushed ice and water; I prefer the taste when they're diluted and it adds extra water towards the fluids target!

I split my packs of shakes. Particularly vanilla and Chocolate ones and have them hot (vanilla with a spoon of coffee in) Some people say not to use boiling water, but I always have and never had a problem. So it can make 3 shakes turn into 6. So as I am in the early days (again!!) it means I can have a shake roughly every 2 hrs and hat helps keep the hunger at bay.. Hopefully!!

Back