Tips for Presenting???!!

Coley

Re-starter
HELP!!!! I am presenting my dissertation at the British Psychological Society Undergraduate Conference next Wednesday and looking for ANY tips to help!!

I'm only doing this cause I get published and I can put it on my CV that I have a paper published :D but I don't really want to make an arse of myself.

Any tips recieved gratefully from seasoned presenters out there!!

thanks!!!

xx

How exciting! I go to pieces so I'm no help. But I remember Karen1972 says she loves it so maybe she will have some tips for you. A friend of mine from Uni who was probably presenting at the same conference as you. Her tip was to wear her sexiest Ann summers undies underneath her smart suit. She swore it gave her great confidence and she was a nervy type too! LOL

Dizzy x

I do a lot of presenting; although it's quite different from presenting a dissertation the basic principles still apply. My top tip is to make sure you're totally comfortable, because any physical discomfort is going to be a distraction. Wear the clothes you're planning to wear and practice standing for the appropriate length of time in them - see how you feel.

Practice your presentation in an empty room, and then practice in front of a friend (even if it's just down the phone) because if you can do it in front of one person you can do it in front of 100.

Also, time yourself to make sure you're not rushing, and drink sips of water if possible so that you don't get dry (and also because that will create natural tiny breaks in your presentation which is handy if you're nervous because it's easy to rush and never pause).

Thanks chaps!!!

Exciting....er.......me thinks not!! horrible!!

I don't own any scandelous scants *cough* :angeldevil:

Hrm, shall have to see if there is water on the day....I'll take a bottle anyway!! grand!

Thanks chaps!!!

Exciting....er.......me thinks not!! horrible!!

I don't own any scandelous scants *cough* :angeldevil:

Hrm, shall have to see if there is water on the day....I'll take a bottle anyway!! grand!

That water one is excellent! A sports bottle for small sips I can see that helping.

Perhaps you should go commando Coley!

Dizzy x

Back