tips to amuse 23 mth old on an hour long flight

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm going home to Ireland next week with the kids & my H.

What things could I bring/do to amuse my very active 23mth old for the hour long flight.

Colouring in books
Pretend kid is a pilot and pretend they are flying plane
Pick out shapes in the clouds
iPad, DS
Buy a notepad and get them to log plane details in a wee book, colours, how many engines etc,
Talk about if they wanted to be an astronaut and that they would be up twice as high.

HTH :) xx

(ear planes from boots to help with any ear discomfort)

Some airlines provide a kiddy pack but if you are flying with Lyin Air, sorry Ryan Air forget it.

An hour isn't to bad and you do have H with you. I would opt for the easy way out and just hand over son and heir to him and you concentrate on my grand daughter lol !!!!

Some airlines provide a kiddy pack but if you are flying with Lyin Air, sorry Ryan Air forget it.

An hour isn't to bad and you do have H with you. I would opt for the easy way out and just hand over son and heir to him and you concentrate on my grand daughter lol !!!!

I'm flying with sleasy jet (easyjet)

Yeah I was planning on putting H by the window with the wee monster & me having the wee sleeping beauty but I'm sure H will end up putting him on my knee.

I'm just worried that if he's not amused some way he'll throw loads of tantrums/scream etc like he's been doing lately.

I've heard a bit of brandy is his bottle b4 we fly might work lol (b4 anyone phones the social/childline I'm joking)

I've heard a bit of brandy is his bottle b4 we fly might work lol (b4 anyone phones the social/childline I'm joking)

Reserve the brandy for you !!!!

why dont you get some books - colouring books, or do you have a portable DVD player - and get a few cartoons going for the little one?

xxx

Thanks guys great ideas x

Baby Valium or a tranq gun.

Failing that depends on the little one. Sometimes they're content with their favourite teddy, cuddles and staring out the window. Other times they'll raise hell regardless.

Big bag of things to distract and occupy them.

Stickers, stickers and more stickers! Tesco do books of 500 stickers you can stick onto bits of paper (my 20 month old loves this). Or nibbly bits of food that takes ages to eat - raisins, breadsticks, cheerios etc.

I've flown wto Ireland many, many times on my own with my two. The first time when the eldest was 10 weeks. I remamber going when the eldest was 2 and 10 weeks, and the youngest 10 weeks. Due to changing 2 sets of nappies in the loos first, we didn't board the flight first, and when I got there, there weren't 2 seats together. The stewardess found a gentleman on his own, and asked him to move 3 seats down. He replied, 'I'm perfectly comfy here thank you'. Ignorant git!!! So I plonked my 2 year old next to him, and held out the bottle to him, telling him he may need this if she starts screaming!! Even then he was reluctant to move!!!! It really is easy though, honest. By the time you're settled, it's time to get off! Four and a half hours to The Canaries with a nine month old and a 33 month old was harder work!!!

Back