Tips to help me drink more water

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi

I'm finding it hard to drink fluids, I'll have a coffee in the morning and a glass of water at work then maybe a tea in the evening. I've never really drank lots (apart from alcohol lol).

Can anyone give me any tips on how I can get my water/fluids into me?

If I have an empty squash bottle I tend to fill it up for the day and make sure I drink it all then I know I have had 1ltr as well as my herbal tea's and coffee. I also used to take a drinks bottle to work with me and keep filling it with water when empty.

You can have no added sugar squash by the gallon if that helps, if you don't like the taste of water!! Or try having lots and lots of little glasses throughout the day! Just having a small 200ml glass 10 times throughout the day will seem less than having 4 or so big pintfuls! And did you know that for every cup of tea or coffee you have you should have a glass of water to counteract the diuretic effect?X

You can have no added sugar squash by the gallon if that helps, if you don't like the taste of water!! Or try having lots and lots of little glasses throughout the day! Just having a small 200ml glass 10 times throughout the day will seem less than having 4 or so big pintfuls! And did you know that for every cup of tea or coffee you have you should have a glass of water to counteract the diuretic effect?X

I never knew that...

I don't mind water it's just I don't think to drink which sounds mad but if I'm not thirsty I don't bother.

I've tried having little cups on my desk maybe a water bottle on my desk is the key...will try this. My belly is jelly like and I'm sure alot of it is holding what fluids I do drink

If I have an empty squash bottle I tend to fill it up for the day and make sure I drink it all then I know I have had 1ltr as well as my herbal tea's and coffee. I also used to take a drinks bottle to work with me and keep filling it with water when empty.

I do this and it works! I take a massive bottle (6litres) in each Monday and fill up a 1.5 litre bottle each morning. It doesn't last all week, but I have NAS Vimto to hand and use tap water for that (sounds weird but I have a think about not drinking neat tap water - can't do it. Odd I know!).

I get headaches if I don't drink enough too - and you will find it helps losses! xxx

I find it difficult to drink enough too...
About half the week I work from my car (my office) visiting people in their own homes and never being near enough to a loo to give me the confidence to drink much.
I do think that its important though and try to get my 2lts in me at some point in the day, but what goes in must come out and if there aint a loo handy I'm not going to drink!

Do people ever get used to large amounts of water without having to pee constantly?????

It is hard.

I am the same - I could literally go the whole day without having a drink which is really bad! I don't drink tea or coffee either so don't even have that fluid inside me!

Anyway, since I started SW I have made a concious effort to drink more and now have a bottle on my desk that I fill with NAS squash and water.

I used to drink only half a day but over time you get used to it and now I sip away and can drink up to 2 a day.

Definitely the way to go is having a drink on your desk all the time. If I can do it - you definitely can!

xx

I find it difficult to drink enough too...
About half the week I work from my car (my office) visiting people in their own homes and never being near enough to a loo to give me the confidence to drink much.
I do think that its important though and try to get my 2lts in me at some point in the day, but what goes in must come out and if there aint a loo handy I'm not going to drink!

Do people ever get used to large amounts of water without having to pee constantly?????

It is hard.

No! I still drink like a camel and pee like a racehorse!

x

I don't have a problem drinking water, but my friend does, so here is her tip, every time you need the loo for a wee, drink half pint before you go.... before you know it you will be weeing more so there for drinking more.... it works for her

i take a 500ml bottle of mineral water to work and make sure i finish it before lunchtime. i refill it and drink another 500ml with my lunch....i always tend to have a litre of fluids in the evening after work so don't worry too much after work.

I have set up a reminder on my work computer that pops up every 20 minutes and tells me to drink water :)

I do also finish whatever water I have left in the pint glass on my desk before I go to the loo.

Before SW I rarely had any water, but since joining I now carry a water bottle everywhere! If I feel hungry I first make sure to drink at least half a bottle and then see if I still feel hungry. A lot of times we confuse hunger for thirst.

Every time you urinate, have a glass of water.
This makes you wee more, which means you drink more water.
Which means you wee more... and so on.

Back