Tips to stop nibbling?

Pichi

I'm full of positivity and back on CD but I have ONE major problem that I've had my whole CD journey.
I nibble.. And nibble.. And nibble like crazy!
I know I'm not the only one who does this, it's hard to stay away when you're used to nibbling all the time.
I nibble everytime I'm in the kitchen. I nibble when I feel like "Mm.. I'd like to have a piece of (insert different foods)!" I just can't say no to myself when I feel that way!
Does anyone have any tips on how to stop this? It makes me so mad, but I don't know how to stop it!
Thank you! xx

I used to be a nibbler but haven't really had a problem since starting CD. How about having a bar for one of your meals, but breaking it up, so that when you fancy a nibble you grab a piece of bar. Unfortunately this isn't a diet that lends itself to nibbling, alternatively do SS+ so that you can have some food a day.

Hope you find a way to stop nibbling.

I have been nibbling loads during the diet, hence my slow loss.....what more can I say?!?
I think the main thing is if you cant manage to stop nibbling then you will just have to accept that you wont loose as fast as others who do not nibble.

Thank you!
I've never thought about splitting a bar, I might just do that!

And yeah, I need to understand that I will loose slower. I'm only screwing myself over by nibbling. :p

I know how you feel hun, i just can't stop! I'm thinking of getting my hands chopped off or my tongue taken out! ARGH. I've decided that if I go to SS+ it will give me a licence to eat and continue nibbling, so I've decided not to do it and be strong. It might work for you though x

Top tip and one you don't want - seriously the answer is just don't pick.

Do a search for addictive desire on here and find some of the great info by KD. It's incredibly useful stuff. This is without a doubt one of the main reasons why I put on all my weight again - I didn't get through my head that just because I thought I needed to eat, it didn't mean I had to.

My new mantra is it's okay to want the food but it doesn't mean I need it. This stops the 'fight' in my head.

KD's post says it all really- as always-fantastic advice. I always try to keep uppermost in my mind that my desire to lose weight, and all the reasons behind it will always be more important than any other desire for food that i face, I'm only cheating myself if i stray. And paying £35+ for the privelidge! I desperately want this to be a long term life change, and beat my 'addiction' for good, for me and my family.
On a practical level, i don't buy junk that i previously liked. Keep busy at danger times (evening), took up crochet to keep my hands busy! The most useful thing i do is come here on minimins whenever I'm struggling and lots of wonderful people help keep me on track! If you do one week 100% (and hit the water) the losses will be so good it keep you going for the week after! Good luck xx

Strong mouth wash in a repulsively strong mint flavour stops me nibbling most things as they then taste foul.

It's willpower - isn't it? And when you read all the CD literature - you really cannot EAT ANYTHING that's not on the list. When doing SS - nothing passes your lips apart from the packs.

DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH. It's a fundamental CD rule. And I think the key to success (or quicker and better losses?).

I personally am not prepared to waste my time or money on nibbling. Not worth it really.

Hope you find a solution soon. Good luck.

Lynne
x

Listerine 'whitening' mouthwash is WHOAHHHHHH vvvv strong and you wouldnt wanna be nibbling anything after a swish of that, trust me!

Keep some in ya kitchens :D

PLUS>>> you'll have nice breath too :D

See..genius

I nibble too. My best tip is to avoid shopping - I won't even stop at a petrol station if I can help it. I shop online and then order treats that I don't like such as anything with nuts in so that my hubby and son can still have them but I won't feel tempted. I can't tell you the number of times I have gone to the cupboard and actually felt pleased when there was nothing in there that I wanted!

Back