Tips Welcome For Staying On Track!

purplefish

Ok, so I`ve joined yet again for the third time!!
I would really appreciate some tips to stop me falling off the wagon!!
I`m desperate now so I`m really wanting this to work!!

xx

For me, its celebrating all sucesses, no matter how small by treating myself to something new. And take time to congratulate yourself, and really think about your sucess and how far you have come.

In terms of sticking to it on a day to day basis, I think plannings the key - you really need to plan ahead so you aren't tempted to eat something you shouldn't. If you plan your meals and stick to it, and only buy what you need for them, you will have less opportunity and desire to eat something you shouldn't.

Also try and schedule in a little excercise, its very motivating to see your fitness improve.

What motivates me to stick to plan is I dont think of this as a diet I think that it is my choice to change my eating habits for life. When I tell myself I can have what I want is stops being a problem for me, it then turns into my choice rather than someone telling me what to do.

Hope this makes sense I know what I want to say but for some reason cant get it out properly.

as others have said. Going to class is also important. so what if you've had a bad week? We all have them! but if you miss 1 class you have no motivation to go to the next or the next!

Vanda I do understand what youre saying, it makes sense to believe that you can have what you want. Cos to a certain extent you can!
7 years ago I managed to get from 11 and a half stone to 10st 3lbs.

That was through WW but just doing it from home using the paper calculator and the points books. I`d love to know what my mindset was at the time! I know I was coming up for my 30th!!

I agree, planning and going to meetings (even when you've had a bad week)! also a "skinny" photo of you on the fridge so you see what you want to get back to every time you go in there!! xxx

key is even if you gain on one week take it on board and keep going no one is perfect i always see it as one small gain compared to a life time of change being happy and healthy and tbh id rather go off track some days or weeks gain but still hold it together to carry on than be misreable and unhappy for the rest of my life

Whilst I havent hit my final goal yet I have consistently lost weight EVERY week for the past 18 weeks. I have never gone 'off plan' no twilight times after weigh in. I realised the only person I was kidding was myself. And I was the one sat crying in the bath because I was so unhappy with myself.
So my tips for success and life are 4 things
1) Find delicious foods that you love to eat that are low/reasonable in points. This may involve trial and error, but I need to eat tasty food to never feel like Im on diet. To sustain this forever as my way of life I have to enjoy my food or I will fall big time off the wagon.
2) Always track points and go to weigh in every week even if Im dreading it. Dont lie to yourself. Sure Ive had bad days but when its on paper it reels me in the rest of the week.
3) Save a couple of points every day when you can so you can loosen up for social times. I like a glass or two of wine on a Sat night with a film and some WW ice cream or a sunday dinner at the inlaws.
4)Look at what you need to be fully satisfied. For me my dinner has to be big on my plate for me to feel satisfied. So I have my portion controlled dinner and fill up the plate with salad. I also need a sweet treat on an evening when the kids are asleep, so I have a hot choc with slightly melted pink and whites or a WW rice pudding or WW ice cream dessert.

I never feel like I am suffering in the name of slimming

do invest in ww treats (such as the bars, crisps, etc) if your a sucker for junk food (isn't everyone?!) i find being able to go have a ww bar whenever i want really helps.

also track track track!

=]

good luck..i've lost just over a stone so far with ww (and also xenical pills =/) - really hope you do well =]

~zee :whistle:

Ok - look at it this way - do you want to be fat at 40?

I am (well, fat and 41 actually but who is counting?) and its not much fun. You have a bit of leeway to look glam when you hit the big 40. Just think, lose it now and you can enjoy the rest of your 30's as a super slim and healthy girly before you realise that you are becoming a grown up. That scared the heck out of me.

Back