tired

As it happens, I don't have much imagination! lol. Never had. Not really a creative person in that sense - If I ever took a foray into writing (aside from academia) it would probably be an instruction manual! lol

I think they use the 'imagine yourself thin' thing as it's the kind of thing that people think ought to work. And given that a lot of people with weight issues were actually thinner once (before kids, marriages, other changes of circumstances etc) It probably is actually a very valid exercise for anyone in that situation.

I suppose I'm very much an empirical person - I work best on drawing on facts, knowledge or experience. If I don't know something, I damn well go and find out! lol (When I was 13 I wanted to be an astrophysicist - I really am that much of a geek.)

I research, I treat weight loss (amongst other things) as a project. As I said earlier, even if I could probably rustle up a picture of a thin person with my head on it (probably by using mummy's sharpest scissors and the Observer colour supplement), but at the same time it doesn't *feel* like I'm looking at me - just a thin person with my head on. Boringly rational, I'm afraid. I know what I look like, and the picture currently involves Anne Harvey jim jams... I'll give it some more thought, but I'm not the only one who identifies with that conundrum - it's not unique to me. Other people who have been lifelong overweight (one of which now isn't) have said the same.

As for the being 'disloyal' point - that was something I had to seriously get over before starting the diet. In fact I may have been here a month earlier were I not spending the preceding weeks arguing with self. I really had to find a mindset that worked with being at peace with oneself and wanting to change, as after years of struggling with low self-esteem, the last thing I was going to do was 'admit there was something wrong with me' (as then the two decades of bullies would have won again), so had to change my thinking a bit and find a way to make it all 'fit'.

Anyway, this is starting to turn into a bit of a stream of consciousness, which will probably be very dull indeed :)

Back