To AAM or not to AAM ?

I dont necssarily stick to complete rules when I do AAM, I generally have half a small chicken breast and a few mushrooms....am positive this is more than I am meant to, but it tastes good and I look forward to it....the most important thing for me is feeling full afterwards and knowing tht it is still only a small amount of food that has filled me up

Coley said: Oh well!! aam is still tasty though!! :D

You're right ... it's yummy after 'forever' on food packs. :)

I really do feel that AAM isn't the problem. It's the way it's perceived.

People say that they don't want to start eating, but they are eating anyway. Cambridge meals are food. The bars give you the pleasure of chewing. I never hear anyone say that don't have a Cambridge

Adding a meal is just that. On CD you have 3/4 meals and on the 5th week you have another.

It's nothing really to either look forward to or dread. It's just something else to add....think of it as another Cambridge

I hear far fewer worries about people scared of eating a CD bar. That seems to be accepted. Nobody seems to worry that it will set them off to eating a box of roses chocs, I can’t see the difference myself. Like a Cambridge meal, it certainly doesn't really feel like a real meal. It's way to small and tasteless.

In my personal opinion, getting the control on AAM was nowhere near as hard as getting the control with the stabilization part when I didn’t have the desire of wanting to lose more weight, and also that feeling of getting there and wanting to celebrate the occasion. AAM was a small rehearsal for me and I’m so pleased I did it. It gave me the confidence

Anyway, as I said before. You are not adding food to the equation, you've been doing that all along.

I have just completed my first AAM week and admit I have mixed thoughts about it.

Yes, I enjoyed having a little meal each day as well as my shakes, and it was SO GOOD to eat. But I had to be so careful re the portion sizes as found they were starting to creep up alittle as I wanted more. ! :eek:

I can see how ''dangerous" AAM week can be for want of a better word! and I am missing that little bit of food this week. :eek:

I am glad I did it but can see totally why some dont want to take the risk with it.

Deb x

The arguments for and against AAM have been well debated here and I can totally understand where everyone is coming from.

However, Coley is absolutely right when she says that if you decide to abstain from AAM, then you must get your doc to give you written permission so your CDC can put it on your file. It's against EU guidelines to SS for more than 4 weeks without medical permission and therefore could get your CDC in big trouble should you subsequently fall ill (very unlikely, I know). So for your CDC's sake, please guys, get your doc to ok it if that's what you choose to do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok ok. you guys convinced me to at least try something. So i gunna buy some breast and fish tomorrow.
Bit anxious about it though, but no harm in trying, want to prove to myself that i am in control!
No idea what i gunna do for veg though as i dont normally like or eat any of those on list! :confused:

Such a good point Karion!! What a great way of thinking about it :)

i'm on my 1st day of my 1st AAM & this evening i had a soup followed by cod, cauli & broccoli, that was about 6.30 pm & ever since i have been really hungry, like real rumbly tum hungry, any advice:confused:

Good prof.....knew you couldn't resist a challenge....:) You can have mushrooms if you like them?? do they really count as a veggie? they're not green.....??! :)

Cheryl - bit confused why you have rumbly tum syndrome. you ok now? did you have the right quantities and with no pesky extras that might take you out of ketosis.....very confused me....

hi Coley
spent all night with the rumbles ( i work nights) until i had my porridge at 5 am, had to resist going to eat something !!
just got up & ok at the mo. i had the right amounts, well i think the cod portion was about 90grams but that was the nearest weight i could find in the supermarket & scales bust!
& the correct amount of veg, but i've had rumbles the whole way along , i've never said i'm really not hungry, so i don't know whats going on :confused:
oh well another day !

Ok ok. you guys convinced me to at least try something. So i gunna buy some breast and fish tomorrow.
Bit anxious about it though, but no harm in trying, want to prove to myself that i am in control!
No idea what i gunna do for veg though as i dont normally like or eat any of those on list! :confused:

Let us know how it goes Prof :D

Back