To buy or not to buy??

gennalouise

Evening every one.
Can i ask what you all did about buying new clothes. All my clothes are hanging off me (i lost two stone before starting this diet) but I dont want to buy lots as hopefully ill carry on dropping through the sizes. Can i ask what you are all doing. Charity shops? Key items?
Thanks

I went for key items, I work in an office so two pairs of £15 pairs of trousers from dotty peas and 5 tshirts, I used to do this every time i dropped a couple of sizes and it kept me going without costing too much.

Great news that you are shrinking!!

x

Well i have lost almost 4 stone and i haven't brought any new clothes yet. I have a conference in april so will buy a pair of trousers and shirt for then. I will need to however buy a coupe pair of jeans as mine are 3 sizes too big and look stupid even with a belt lol.

I would wait until your clothes are ridiculously big then buy key items. I'm also selling my big new clothes on ebay to raise fund for smaller new clothes lol

I found that I needed some new clothes quite quickly, and got jeans and a jumper that could go with everything. I just looked silly and I couldn't go to work like that!
I haven't really needed to get anything for a while, got a few cheap t-shirts, but the jumper that I got still looks ok, I tried to get one that would look ok when I was smaller.
Charity shops are great if you have the time!!
bingbong

I started a 'clothes swap' thread but no-one seemed to be interested! It was just a thought. I'll probably end up giving my big stuff to a charity shop to be honest, although it seems a pity because some of it is quite new. I might haul out the sewing machine if I think I can reuse some of the better stuff (and if I can alter it, not too amateurishly!).

As for getting new stuff, I tend to rely on cheapo shops anyway - the supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's), Peacocks, Primark, QS, New Look, Stead & Simpson etc. - I've always managed to find decent clothes there and I don't suppose I'll stop using them. I'll make some clothes (easy shapes like wide trousers), and possibly look in charity shops and eBay too.

I've got size 16s hanging at the back of my wardrobe, so hopefully I'll be able to get into those before I have to go shopping. My key items would be a pair of black trousers, a black skirt and a pair of jeans to start with, and then work around those with coloured cotton tops (always tons of very cheap but nice tops in Stead & Simpson btw). I must admit that I am looking forward to buying things in smaller sizes - I still can hardly believe that I ever will! :)

I am now fitting into my tops :p I lived in jumpers or fleeces to cover over hpw bad they looked!!

I have some smaller clothes lurking in the back of my closest that I keep looking at soon my lovely soon (insert evil laugh!)

I work from home and find I live in jeans and my work t-shirt anyway (I'm a childminder and have had my own 'work t-shirts' made up a few weeks ago teehee.

Jeans £20 from next as I like high waisted ones and I'm short! t-shirts asda tescos ect, cheap and chearful for going down sizes

Have fun:D

well I dont have any smaller clothes that i've grown out of as on my last birthday my husband bought me a pack of Tena Lady as a present (he thought it would be funny!). I had a major major paddy and totally emptied my wardrobe and took it all to the tip then made him buy me some new outfits. He's gonna love it when I tell him nothing fits me anymore!!! lol

The main problem i have is since putting on the wieght i havehated shopping so I have a basic wardrobe any way. I have gone from a size 20 to a 16 and with out a belt every thing falls down. May have to get some key pieces. Also im a childminder and im liking the idea of work t-shirts. Thanks every one

Back