Green Days to cook or not to cook

lesserme

shrinking granny
should I cook the rice 1st or just bung it all in dry? :confused::confused:

Chickpea Dahl Loaf

A tin of Asda's chickpea dahl, a pack of mild curry rice, mix it all together and bind with a couple of eggs. Whack in a loaf tin and bake until golden. Serve hot or cold for a scrummy treat ?

I would say cook rice first as there's no liquid in the recipe to cook it

Yes, I'd definitely cook the rice first. They'll turn into bullets otherwise with no fluid to cook them. X

mmmm - ta for reminding me - i've got a few tins in the house - might just have to make one up as i haven't had a loaf of this for a while (just a shame i'm on a red day today but it's wonderful cold too).

Lentil - mine neither - but unless things have changed (please don't tell me they have) the Sundar Chick Pea Dahl from Morrisons is also free on green/ee

(That said - Sainsbury's does a tin that is about 14syns!)

well I made it and throughly enjoyed it

however I think the next time I would put another egg in. It crumbled quite abit.

But well worth the effort or should I say no effort al all

lesserme-I did answer you on another thread, the one where you've C&P'd my words "A tin of Asda's chickpea dahl, a pack of mild curry rice, mix it all together and bind with a couple of eggs. Whack in a loaf tin and bake until golden. Serve hot or cold for a scrummy treat".

If cooking it for myself, I tend to only soak the rice for a few minutes, as I like the nutty crunch of it, but whenever making it for others, I make up the rice according to directions, first. As for the amount of eggs, I use farm bought, free range eggs, which are pretty large. You may need two-three supermarket eggs to equal one good one :)

EDIT: My apologies, it was someone called Carole that I answered a few days ago, not you! loll It was the C&P of my text that threw me :)

Back