to count or not to count

When I grow up I want to be one of those people who struggle to eat 5 syns. One thing I know for sure from that last week is that consuming syns is NOT an issue for me ;)

Syns are as much a part of the plan as free food, super free food and healthy extras and we don't struggle to eat those! Syns are the "synergy" which makes the whole plan work. Amazes me how people choose not to have them - a tableoon of olive oil is one of the healthiest ways to use 6 syns up.

No need for anyone to not use them.

I used to have a treat after weigh in (what ever i was craving that week!!) but as time goes on i don't really need to have it now, sometimes its easier for me to not have it otherwise i get a bigger craving for it and cant stop eating it haha. I always count it though, if you have 60 syns in one day thats almost your whole week allowance. My consultant says you should always have no less than 5 syns a day, and no more than 15 if you can help it. She said you should have at least 5 every day not have none at all, can't remember reason why! xxx

I know this is totally off topic but i'm needing ideas off people for breakfast ideas... I normally have 2 weetabix and a banana but this is starting to get boring now :'( and i've tried 30g if cereal but i'm left starving but also i leave for work at 7am so need something quick and simple to make.. Anybody any ideas?! Would be greatly greatly appreciated :) x

I have some fruit (today was strawberries) with a muller light poured over! its yummy and quite filling :) The good thing as well is that strawberries are a super speed food! mmmmhmmmmm

I have some fruit (today was strawberries) with a muller light poured over! its yummy and quite filling :) The good thing as well is that strawberries are a super speed food! mmmmhmmmmm

Thats what i had! Except i had mixed fruit (strawberries, melon, grapes and blackberries) xxx

Thankyou for the ideas...! Has anybody tried the breakfast rice pudding from Slimming world? I heard it's pudding rice made up and then a toffee muller light poured over the top.... I guess this would be syn free? X

Syns are as much a part of the plan as free food, super free food and healthy extras and we don't struggle to eat those! Syns are the "synergy" which makes the whole plan work. Amazes me how people choose not to have them - a tableoon of olive oil is one of the healthiest ways to use 6 syns up.

No need for anyone to not use them.

Way back in the dark ages, syns were called 'sins' but because of the negative conotation they changed the i to a y and then pretended that syn was short for synergy. Basically, syns are treats. Nothing scientific or mystical, they are just a way of giving us a bit of leeway and light relief!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone again

I used all of them so if I fancy a snack now i will just have something free like a mug shot

Xx

Back