To LT or not to LT....

Deezer

Gold Member
I am undecided as to what to do in the NY....

I was going to get the last bit off with LT... But i am finding it much easier to get weight off now WITH food.....

I can still get 2 or 3lb off with the odd glass of wine....3 meal a day and even the odd treat!!!

My hair seems a bit better now and i think doing a strict(ish) detox.... no caffeine/sugar etc would be lead to bigger losses and pretty much the same as i was getting on LT.....

I dont know what to do for the best!!! :confused::confused::confused:

I suspect that the thing that makes me pile the weight on isn't food.... if i have a drink ( I mostly drink wine) i seem to really hold it..... Presumably water.... So if i watch that! I still get a decent loss in a week!!! Hmmm

Wine is known for turning into sugar hence the weight gain. If you must have a drink, it's better to have a spirit like vodka with a diet drink. I always gain a lot of weight after I've been drinking for a while so I'm trying to ease down on the vino and have vodka instead. x

I'm trying to stick to one night!!! Last week it went out the window as an awfull week!!! But back at it now!!

Do wats best for u chick, like u say, if u control the drink, n u lose 2-3 lbs weekly, that's fab, then that's the way forward for u Hun.
If anyone can do it, it's u hunni.
Xxx

What i am worrying about the most is that i wont be able to coplet my running.... I'm loving it... but will my cal intake sustain a half hour run!!! x

Well done Dee witht the continued weight loss. For what it's worth if I was losing what you are by eating - I'd eat. You gotta get to grips with it at some point and far better to lose the last bit this way than get to target on LT and then keep losing cos you've not worked out how to eat... that said I might extend LT so I wouldn't listen to a word I've just said :)
Re. the running (I do biking myself) if you run out of steam you will just 'hit a wall' (or 'bonk' if your a biker!) I don't think you can do yourself that much harm before the during the run (as you'll just stop!). It's about making sure you have protein/carb in correct ratio when you've done your run to refuel. I'm not an expert in it at all but there is a lot to be said for oats for breakfast and protein for lunch/dinner (but this can be a ham salad sarnie on granary bread) xxx

I just dont want my run to leave me feeling like i have nothing left.... as then its off to work lol...

I think i may just stay eating.... see what happens.... Its def the wine tbh.... : /

Jan is def no booze so we'll see how that effects everything!!! x

Yeah I'm not touching booze until February - will have a G&T and glass of wine on my birthday and see how it goes. Mind I've still spent £250 stocking up the wine rack/spirits cupboard in the last two months... it will either last me all year or it'll be one hell of a hangover come February :) xx

Well Deezer sounds like you are doing good eating and still losing weight, and I think you definately need to eat if you want to do your running. Plus on top of that you are doing your CBT sessions which is brilliant. It sounds to me like you have got it together and are going to make a success of maintaining a new life style.
I really congratulate you for the changes you have made in your life.

Back