to tell or not to tell

for the first time i am doing what i want and doing it for me and friends don't understand how horrible it is for me to be the big and i don't care what they think of the diet.

i hope i can do it i really want to which if different from the other diets i have done

Every diet i have done before i have broadcast the fact i am on a diet but this tim ei have just told my hubby and kids and my best friend. I don't want people to talk me out of it or to be negative.

I have one skinny friend who tries to feed me up all the time i will say I don't want a cake cheers and she will ask me every 5 mins are you sure go on have one.

its like i am the fat one and god forbid i was to lose weight and be the thin one for a change.

anyone else had this?????

Hiya,

I can totally relate. I used to go out with a friend who was way skinnier than me, we used to go to cafes for coffee and she would always say let’s go halves in a cake. Then she would have one fork full and say she was full and not eat any more so of course me, being the hoover that I am (or rather was!) would always finish it. I put on a lot of weight hanging around her, and she did this all the time, I'm not sure why, maybe she had a" feeding her fat friend fetish" - lol.

Every time I tried to diet she wasn't very supportive and would always try to break my diet, which wasn't hard to do at the time.

These, days, with my wedding coming up and a fitting not far off I have a lot more motivation to lose the weight. I haven't told anyone about doing the CD, I find it easier on me that way, less pressure, my other half is very supportive, and of course the people who I have met on here who can relate and don't judge and always keep me motivated. You just need to find people who will support you and give you encouragement, I think any kind of negativity is just people not understanding or being jealous that you are doing something to better yourself.

Good luck :D

Back