To tell the truth or not to tell the truth that is the question.

Fairy577 said:
I was told I wasn't allowed diet coke or any kind of juice. I am allowed water, fizzy water or black tea and coffee. Spose I could do it with fizzy water and say its lemonade ha ha. X

I drink coke zero as a treat, I also really like fizzy water now. I would warn you about drinking though, I had vodka lime and soda on Saturday but then got tipsy and moved onto raspberry bellinis and Mojitos :( it all ended with me eating kebab and chips and I'm now 2lbs heavier than last WI. Gutted - so prob best to avoid drinking if you can xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol! - Link

For more Paleo Diet hacks: Drinking booze while in ketosis: is it dangerous? - PaleoHacks.com Drinking booze while in ketosis: is it dangerous? - PaleoHacks.com

Ladies you truly are brill with all your info. I'm not interested in drinking anyways so I'm safe there. I don't have a booklet or what foods I'm allowed as I'm just on shakes, soups or porridge 3 times a day. I just came on totm. This is going to be so hard te next couple days. Maybe I should ask about goin on the plan that lets you have a little bit of food. I have my bday coming up at the end of sept and my college friends have asked if I'm allowed a meal by then so we can celebrate in some way. It's funny how all occasions revolve around food and drink. X

Fairy577 said:
Ladies you truly are brill with all your info. I'm not interested in drinking anyways so I'm safe there. I don't have a booklet or what foods I'm allowed as I'm just on shakes, soups or porridge 3 times a day. I just came on totm. This is going to be so hard te next couple days. Maybe I should ask about goin on the plan that lets you have a little bit of food. I have my bday coming up at the end of sept and my college friends have asked if I'm allowed a meal by then so we can celebrate in some way. It's funny how all occasions revolve around food and drink. X

I'm doing SS+ and have from the start, the booklet says you can eat:

Protein:

190g fresh tuna steak
245g chicken/turkey breast, no skin or fat
250g pre-cooked prawns
250g cottage cheese, plain (less than 5% fat)
260g tinned tuna (in water/brine)
275g white fish e.g cod, haddock etc
2 large eggs

There are a load of pulses and quorn that u can have but not sure if you're veggie or not

You can also have 80 grams of the following veg:

Asparagus
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celeriac
Celery
Chinese leads eg pak choi
Courgette
Celery
Green pepper
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves
Kale
Leeks
Marrow
Mushroom
Red radishes
Spinach
Spring onions
Watercress

You have to be careful with how you cook them, think grilling, baking, boiling, steaming or
Microwaving and you're on the right track. You can use lemon juice, spices, herbs and balsamic to jazz it up.

Hope that helps lady :) xxx

Dam no steak then ha ha. Steak and salad was gonna be my bday meal. We could do grilled chicken with salad.
Do you find your weight loss still good with the little meal? X

I might actually keep on with the ss however the days I am really struggling I might add this in. Do you know if we can do this? X

I have a meal every day and I've lost 30lbs in 5 weeks. This week will be rubbish but that's because I got drunk and ate chips and kebab. If I hadn't I was on track to lose about 4lbs xx

Fairy577 said:
I might actually keep on with the ss however the days I am really struggling I might add this in. Do you know if we can do this? X

Not sure, speak to your CDC but I don't see why not xx

Think I'll have a wee chat with her next week. Don't know if I should get weighed tomorrow quickly or just wait till next week. Scared in case I'm disappointed after me munching a bit of ham and cheese one night and a spoon of sausage casserole the next. Although when I went into college today a couple of folk had commented how I had lost weight which was nice. :) x

If I were you I would wait, mainly because you don't know how the scales will measure up to u'r CDCs and will prob give a fake reading. I know my scales are the same. I'm a serial scale hopper and it can be so demotivating if you don't achieve what you want...I only lost 2lbs in one week but went on to lose 12lbs in 16 days so it's worth the wait. It felt fab hearing those results last week :D it is of course a personal journey and you need to do what is right for you lady xxx

Obviously if you are sole sourcing and you are struggling you are much better choosing something from SS Plus list rathe rather than hitting the carbs, but generally I have been told my my CDC that you shouldn't really mix and match (i.e switch between sole sourcing and sole souce plus on a daily basis) as it confuses the body. I lost most my weight on SS Plus. They are both VLCD, Sole Sourcing just gets you there quicker. If you aren't able to Sole Source then switch to SS Plus?

Consultants will have available a copy of “Weight Plan Steps Programme” booklet for every new customer, i'd ask her where your book is .

I told inlaws on Sunday at daughters bday party I was on anti-b's so that's why I wasnt drinking I have regular war infections so believable! Don't like lying but like you say can do without comments. Don't see them that often so don't know what I'll say next time but if I've lost weight I'll tell the truth can't argue with the results. I wondered about coke Zero would like a glass now and again as a treat. You are doing so well fairy x

*ear infections not war infections. Stupid phone!

MsJMC lol I feel that old sometimes!

Yay, at long last very low calorie diets have got a good write up in the paper. Story in Daily Mail saying that they can actually improve health -- cardiovascular, respiratory problems and fertility in women! So hopefully with a bit more of this kind of positive press we don't have to keep it a secret much longer!!!

Back