To tell the truth or not to tell the truth that is the question.

Fairy577

Silver Member
I'm such a posting whore ha ha. I post so much so my fingers are busy. Anyways, I was just interested who has actually told friends and family they are on cd. I have told close college buds about 6 of them but have kept it from everyone else. I couldn't be arsed with the "oh it won't work," but I feel bad not telling friends and family.
I have some nights out coming up soon and I was just wondering how everyone gets around not drinking. I can quite happily. It drink but my mates are such a pain I know they will just say oh have a couple it won't hurt you. Had anyone ever lied to friends to get out the alcohol thing? I'm tempted to say I have been in and out the docs and can't drink alcohol just now. How did you guys get round this? And sorry again for being a total posting whore he he. Xxxx

Hi!

I haven't sung it from the rooftops, but on the otherhand, I haven't kept it a secret either.....

The way I see it is that this won't be for the rest of my life, I just want to get back into my jeans and quickly! It isn't anyone else's business, but most of my friends and family are supportive so that's all that matters. I did have one friend-of-a-friend say that it was a stupid diet, and this coming from a woman who starves herself regularly and takes laxatives. Pot/kettle/black comes to mind but I kept my lips tightly shut. I will be the one smiling when I'm a slim Jim hehe!

If you really don't want to tell anyone, just fib and say you are on antibiotics and can't drink. Easy! I had to say that for a while when I first found out I was pregnant.

Hope I have helped and good luck with the weight loss :)

Aw thanks love. I'm still on te first week and I have a hell of a lot to lose. This seemed like my only option. How are you getting on? How much have you lost? X

I am in the very same situation as you! I have told family and one friend (who lives far away and I don't really see) but I am yet to tell any of the friends that I meet up with regularly or anyone in the uni course. Most of my friends don't even know what diets are because they are so tiny, and nobody will ever understand so I really don't know what to do. I am back at uni in 2 weeks so I don't really know how I'll manage yet.. I live at home with my family so I can have mealtimes at home but still don't like being really secretive about it.. I just can't handle negativity! the one friend I told got in a really bad mood when I told her.. she tried it herself (she is overweight but not as big as me) but only lasted a week and kept saying how it won't work and how stupid it is etc. But I'm so determined now to show everyone how possible it is if you try hard enough! hope you are getting on well with the plan xx

I've just started my third week and have lost ten pounds altogether which I am so chuffed about! Never lost weight this quick but I have to be honest and say I've never done anything so hard! It will be worth it - I keep telling myself :) Aiming for 4lbs off this week to get down to the next stoneage so fingers crossed it happens.....xxx

I'm such a posting whore ha ha. I post so much so my fingers are busy. Anyways, I was just interested who has actually told friends and family they are on cd. I have told close college buds about 6 of them but have kept it from everyone else. I couldn't be arsed with the "oh it won't work," but I feel bad not telling friends and family.
I have some nights out coming up soon and I was just wondering how everyone gets around not drinking. I can quite happily. It drink but my mates are such a pain I know they will just say oh have a couple it won't hurt you. Had anyone ever lied to friends to get out the alcohol thing? I'm tempted to say I have been in and out the docs and can't drink alcohol just now. How did you guys get round this? And sorry again for being a total posting whore he he. Xxxx

why not just get a diet coke tell them its got vodka in ? and act a bit merry lol

I was told I wasn't allowed diet coke or any kind of juice. I am allowed water, fizzy water or black tea and coffee. Spose I could do it with fizzy water and say its lemonade ha ha. X

I had a CDc few years ago list coke zero , they say it does not knock you out of k but hunger pangs with some people , some people do hav eit but the rules of Cambridge say no , but unsure if i am right they used to say you could have coke zero .
with exante they allow alot of drinks like this and its same diet same results so if you want it have it ....

Fairy im in the same boat as you, there are only a small handful of people who know im on this diet because im sick to death of others negative input. Some people will prob get jealous if you lose more weight than them, some are really cynical and then you got the ones that have never been on a diet and slam you for trying to do something about it.
Keep it to a small handful and that way on your down days you can turn to them, to spur you on.. helps me loads :) how u getting on? xx

Just see how you go on it , if you think it makes you hungry then you can always stop .
but i find it strange how one diet say exante allows so many drinks and cambridge doesn't when they give same results and VLCD.

your welcome

maybe its todo with them selling you their products , water flavourings ?

Mm maybe. If you guys have had the weightloss with it I think I'm gonna get me some coke zero. It will fill me up too. I'm just finished day 5 an I did have a spoon of sausage casserole earlier. I'm finding it hard cooking for the kids and they are asking why I'm not eating with them. I have said I get special shakes because I have a sore tummy so I have to drink the shakes for a bit while my tummy gets better. Im doing better than I thought. Just can't wait for my first weigh in. :) xxxx

People's opinion's are like arse*oles, everybody has one, I was quite open about this from the start and have regretted it ever since!
Snide comments about it not working long term etc, my response is always just don't knock it till you try it!
People really annoy me sometimes!!xx

Maybe you will be better on the ss plus ? as the sausage casserole may be a little amount but will stop you losing .
Do you have a book with the list of foods for the plus ? so somedays you can have the plus .
Its like me i woke up thinking of a fry up , then you have to think , hold on i can't lol
Yes , see how you go with the Coke Zero maybe buy tins and keep them out of the kids way , as i find mine are gone lol
i had a sneaky peak on the scales , i started yesterday (sunday ) and looked today (monday ) i'm down 3 , but i better not look no more because usally after day 3 or 4 it stays stable .
I will switch from slim save to cambridge on Wednesday as i will see my CDC Tuesday night .
Or you could say you had salad earlier to the kids .
How you getting on today ?

I've decided not to tell anyone apart from my husband. All my friends and family know I'm on a diet, but I haven't told them it's cambridge. Personally I think alot of people don't understand how the VLCD's work and are really sceptical or think it's bad for you. So I'm just pretending I'm on Dukan diet which seems to be the "in" diet at the moment and you can pretty much only have protein and veg on it, so similar to CD on 810 (which is what I've decided to start on as pretty active with kids etc). I did do Slimming world for a while but need to shift serious baby weight so need something a bit more dramatic, then I think once I'm near goal I might try SW again to maintain and keep weight off.

ChrissyRiley said:
People's opinion's are like arse*oles, everybody has one, I was quite open about this from the start and have regretted it ever since!
Snide comments about it not working long term etc, my response is always just don't knock it till you try it!
People really annoy me sometimes!!xx

Ha ha ha!!!! Chrissy my thoughts EXACTLY!!! I have found people who are unsupportive are (1) not real friends, and (2) have their own issues. It's demotivating and just plain nasty. I've discovered a lot of people who seem to want to deliberately sabotage my weight loss. Work have been amazingly supportive though and I thought it would be them who caused me problems xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fairy577 said:

Right then my lovely - at first I was very secretive about this diet. I told my dad, sister and best friend. After a week I realised colleagues needed to know because they would see me blending up mystery packets in the kitchen so I started opening up. They all know now and 3 people have taken inspiration from my results and started it themselves, they've been ace!!

My 2 best friends have been brilliant too - so supportive and one had even told her wedding venue that I have a special dietary requirement so I can eat at her wedding without going off plan.

That said, sadly not everyone had been the same. I got quite complacent and started being a lot more open and have since found people who I thought were good friends deliberately trying to sabotage my diet. One is obsessed with constantly inviting me on food based nights out and of she says 'oh come on, once won't hurt' one more time I will seriously smack her in the mouth. I've stopped talking to her now because if she was a true friend she would support me. I'm not doing this for vanity, I'm doing it to improve my health!!!!

I think it's a personal choice - but just be prepared for the 'it won't work, I know this girl who did it and she has put it all back on and more' comments....I'm sick of it. I know 2 people who lost loads on this diet and they have kept it off for years now so sorry to swear but it's bullshit - as long as you eat correctly and EXERCISE you will keep it off - its basic biology!!!

Good luck missy - your doing brilliantly :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back