To those I don't know... hello!

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Hi fellow returners...

I have been off this forum for a while, apart from the odd cameo appearance, so am a bit out of touch with who is who so thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Anna (as my original screen name suggests)... I did LL from end Aug 08 - Jan 09 and lost five stone. In the end I started lapsing (damn Christmas getting in the way) and fell of the wagon one and a half stone off target.

Since the end of January I have been maintaining the weightloss - well, I'm half a stone up but have been weight training and things so don't feel much 'bigger'... but the time has come to finally get the last couple of stone off and reach my holy grail of ten stone (or a size 10/12, whichever is sooner!). I am 5'7'' and therefore my BMI at 10st will be 22 and the lightest LL will allow me to go, but I am quite 'curvy' and think I will look a bit weird at a size 8 etc (can't even imagine it!).... anyway, I digress....

Last time I did my big stint I was on here alllll the tiiiimee... a true support network, and knowing me the same will apply this time around, so I thought it polite to give you the heads up to who I am and say "HIYAAAA!"...

Recommencement of my journey starts tomorrow - Monday 17th August 2009... annoying that it's almost a year since I started out on this programme, I could have lost my six and a half stone almost twice over if I'd not lapsed. Blimmin' Christmas and New Year getting in my way!! Anyhoo... no regrets - LL has changed my life and now it's all about reaching my goal and putting a line under abstinence and moving on with my new healthier, slimmer life. By my 28th birthday on 10th December I am determined to be where I want to be, toned up and feeling goooood. It's going to be a great one :)

So excited!

A x x x

Hi Anna, you seem really motivated which is where I am at. This is my first day after coming back from gaining all my weight back from last year. I now know that this is the time to beat this thing and maintain for ever. I do not want to be fat and forty (37 this year).

I have tried the porridge, which is very nice and have vowed to drink the water...this is something I didnt do last time round. I am gonna go now and find a ticker to attach to my profile.

Speak soon x

Hi Anna, nice to read about someone so motivated, bit worried about all the returners and how to keep the weight off once i get there but I suppose I had better actually start it first before doing the worrying.
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

Hi Kev,

I understand your concern, but there really are far more people on here that have managed to maintain... and I am betting that those that have stuck with the programme to the bitter end and completed Route to Management. I didn't - and I knew at the time it was a mistake... didn't really learn to eat again properly, just went back to old ways - although I didn't pile it back on, so a lot of the lessons I learnt in the counselling definitely helped. (Don't under estimate them, some may sound silly and mumbo jumbo-ish, but try and give them your all and try and absorb the lessons - they will help).

Good luck with your LL journey - and try not to be put off by us 'returners', we are back because we know it works by getting the weight off... the rest is down to the individual :)

Anna xx

Hi Anna, nice to read about someone so motivated, bit worried about all the returners and how to keep the weight off once i get there but I suppose I had better actually start it first before doing the worrying.
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

I'm roughly the same weight I was when I stopped abstinance. I waver a few pounds under or a few pounds over, depending on how the previous week has gone.

That's over 6 months so far - there have been veyr hard times and I still am trying to get a proper grip of my eating, but it's do-able. It is supposed to be much easier for those who follow it through to the end, but I think people's mileage will vary depending on how the cbt side of things works for them.

Good luck mate - stick with it, and the weight will fly off - then you can worry about the hard job of keeping it off :)

Anna, looking gorgeous girl.

Back