To weigh or not to weigh

hopefulbigchap

A quick question for you all....

Should I weigh myself before class tonight to avoid potential disappointment?

Last week I was so hoping for a good weight loss as I had been 100% on plan. (I secretly had hopes for SotW as my class nemisis was away... haha)only to have gained.

I was really REALLY gutted at the time but when I got home I hopped on the wii-fit with the intention to do this every week BEFORE class so as to avoid the same disappointment.

Now the time is here - I'm not sure what to do.

What are your thoughts?:confused:

No dont get on the scales as yours could tell diff to class!

Just go and you never know what will be will be.

Do you write a diary of what you do?
x

No not saying that you are going wrong its just nice to know what wks some wks that may need to be changed the week after??

Food and exercise diary lol
xx

Personally I would weigh before class but I know a lot of people think this is wrong.

I do SW online now but have spent many years going to class and would always weigh on my scales on WI day. Like you I hated the disappointment of sometimes not doing aswell as I hoped and preferred to prepare myself. I also liked to know how close my scales and the SW scales were so I could weigh myself fairly reliably on weeks I couldn't get to class.

I am a WI freak tho and do weigh myself every day. Some people will say this is unhealthy but it keeps me on track - a loss and a gain both encourage me.

You have to work out what suits you best. Neither way is wrong.

x

I wouldn't - but then i'm a daily weigher too, so know roughly whether i've gained or not anyway :eek: But i would never take an evening/afternoon weight on the scales at home as gospel, as they'll never be accurate due to what you've eaten/drunk etc during the day :)

No worries :)

You will be fine - you should get some pics up now
x

dont do it ... my mum weighed mid week, gained 3 lbs and wasnt happy, then last night had lost 1 and half pounds so you can get really different results!!

Personally I would weigh before class but I know a lot of people think this is wrong.

Like you I hated the disappointment of sometimes not doing aswell as I hoped and preferred to prepare myself. I also liked to know how close my scales and the SW scales were so I could weigh myself fairly reliably on weeks I couldn't get to class.

I am a WI freak tho and do weigh myself every day. Some people will say this is unhealthy but it keeps me on track - a loss and a gain both encourage me.

You have to work out what suits you best. Neither way is wrong.

x

Agree with Edwin!!!!
x

Re the Wii Fit - I haven't actually got one yet just browsing on the net! My Brother in Law has got one and seems to think the board is accurate but then he is thinner than a rake so weight isn't reaslly an issue. I really want one as think the the exercise looks good and love the idea of being able to have my weight loses on a graph - I love that kinda thing! It is really weather I can justify the cost and find one in stock anywhere!

The scales I use daily are quite old but were usually within a pound of the Sw ones. If you do it once you will know how close your scales are with theirs.

x

Back