Toby carvery today

Emmajoyce

Will be a skinny mini!
I've got a family meal today am a little worried all the nice deserts :-( any body been to a Toby carvery what did they have from the carvery that was ok to eat as the one meal a day?

If was me, I would pick meat and cut any visible fat off and veg. Such as broccoli and cauliflower or a salad. I would stay away from potatoes in any form, chips..jackets..etc. I would stay away from sauces if I wanted to stay in ketosis. As for the desserts, if you have one, do so knowing you most likely will knock yourself out of ketosis, I'm not sure how easy it is for you to get back into it? But if you don't mind that, then if you want one, have one. You have to eat 3500 cals approx over your maintenance cals (the cals to keep you at the weight you are now) to put on a real lb of fat. You may see a slight gain in the next couple of days if you "splurge" but unless you went totally mad it will most likely be just retaining etc...

If it was me, I would have my 3 packs still that day and a small portion of dinner...meat/prawns with veg or salad.

Don't let the desserts frighten you....one day you are going to have to make sensible choices if you don't want to end up back on exante...so use today to practice that ;) Have a nice time x

wow thanks, im gonna stick with turkey and lots of veg no desserts for me i know i can do it i had my first weigh in yesterday -7lb so im gonna keep that in mind im aiming for another 5lb off next week i can do it !

Yes you'll be fine you have done well. At least with Toby Carvery you can help yourself. I have a family meal to go tonext Saturday in a pub. I'm dreading it as they don't seem to do meat and veg or salad. I might make out I'm ill that day. Lol x

Back