Today is my first day on the CD Diet - yes!!

Wow!
Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. I feel lucky to of met such freindly people.
I had my first shake today, chose fruits of the forset as i decided to go for a flavour i may not like much and i have to say it tasted.... FINE!!

That coupled with lots of water and im on my way to getting through the first day.
Im working nights tonight which i have a week of every month, my cdc said it shouldnt matter when i have my packs as long as its in the 24 hr periods.

Allan i was going to ask, what stage are you on the CD, are you on the CD and did/do you use 4 packs a day or 3??

I bought enough for 4, my job is fairly physically demanding i dispatch trains on platforms, carry luggage deal with customers run around at times like a mad man gettin late trains moving etc. I would prefer to take 3 packs a day, my cdc said i can but to take the 4th if i have hunger pains, i guess thats a good rule. Anyone else have an opinion on it??

Martin

Allan i was going to ask, what stage are you on the CD, are you on the CD and did/do you use 4 packs a day or 3??

I bought enough for 4, my job is fairly physically demanding i dispatch trains on platforms, carry luggage deal with customers run around at times like a mad man gettin late trains moving etc. I would prefer to take 3 packs a day, my cdc said i can but to take the 4th if i have hunger pains, i guess thats a good rule. Anyone else have an opinion on it??

Martin

Welcome Martin, just responding with my opinion on whether you should have 3 0r 4 packs a day....I vote for 4.

You've a pretty demanding job, your an 18stone man, and CD recommend that you use 4packs a day ;) get it out of your head that you'll lose more if you only take 3 a day, the packs are for vitamins and minerals, and your body needs them ;)

Crikey, I'm a 14 and a half stone woman working in an office job and I use four a day, and I'm quite happy with my losses, 17lbs in my first month and that was with four days off :p

As long as your happy and not hungry, do what feels best for you in the end :p

welcome to mini's. You sound really determined to do this. CD say that men should have four packs so you should have four. Men tend to lose weight a bit quicker than us ladies, stick with it 100% and you will be at goal in no time.

becky xx

welcome martin and good luck - watch that weight fall off and that will inspire you together with some of the before and after photos here. If you do get a yucky taste in your mouth superdrug sells fresh breath mint spray which takes it away and makes you feel freasher!

Welcome Martin and good luck!! It sounds as though you are really determined - I'm on week three now and so far really enjoying it. Embrace ketosis as your friend!! It will stop you feeling hungry all the time!

Thanks for all your replies, and you're right, 4 packs it is. I shouldnt be too hasty to lose the weight faster than is safe, and its silly to think that way like BBlilsis said the packs are for vitamins and minerals etc, not to be overlooked i think.

I had one of the soups tonight, and it was lovely, not a problem so far with lumps in shakes and soups, hope it stays that way.

You're all such an inspiration
Thank you!

Wow!
Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

Martin

:D No worries mate, you will find plenty of helpful people on here, i started my first two weks on 4 packs a day, then dropped it down to three, i`m on maintanance at the moment, but after plenty of BBQs and nights out i am back on S/S on three a day, i usually have a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch then a shake later on, not really been a fan of the bars :D drink plenty of water or like me black or peppermint tea thats the key :D

Welcome Martin and good luck. It won't be long before you're in Ketosis and life will be a lot easier then. As a man, you'll lose it a lot quicker, so you'll be at your target before you even know it!

Lots of luck with your first week and let us know how you get on in your first weigh in x

Cheers, this place is great for encouragement and inspiration!!

Hiya Tazzi - you know where I'm coming from with regards to the railway then lol.
I'm interested to know what its like down under, how the service is and what you do on the railway??

Its funny how this diet has already high lighted my relationship with food. Today is my first day off in 12 days of work, its a day I'd usually cook a roast dinner for me and my good lady, along with having some munchies and quite a few beers.
Going to the shop this morning (for her) and only buying a jar of decaf coffee and a pack of hermaseters (sweeteners) was a strange experience.

I went to bed after getting home from work feeling pretty positive, then when i awoke i was grumpy and dealing with thoughts of having food, or the feeling of missing out on all this wonderful food( so my brain was telling me).

Its only day 2 and its not like temptation to break the diet and eat, but im realising how my mind has been operating on the routine of eating rubbish, infact just eating all together. I see now how much I have been using food as a comfort tool. Kind of going through cycles at the moment:

1 min - 'Ahh sunday, day off work, i can have a nice dinner, few beers and some munchies..'

1 minute later - 'argh no! cant,.. wont.. never mind..'

Few minutes later - 'right then, what shall i have to eat tonight... yeah some munchies and a film..'

1 minute later - 'argh damn it! cant!!'

lol

Good on ya!:)
I thought it said on the Cambridge website not to have the mint strips?
Am i wrong??:confused:

no you can have the mint strips so long as they are sugar free, you cant have chewing gum though even if it is sugar free

cambridge diet

martin i have started today 14 stone now will you keep in touch with me let me know how youre doing please, am on my own on this one

Hi Martin, come out, come out where ever you are :p Hope your doing fine :p

:wavey:

Good luck chuck!!!

Back