Today was a tough day, untill the home WI!!

jazzy67

Well today is day 3, and have to say I found today really hard, as was rolling out a training day today, had 25 delegates and they were all stuffing chocolate and yummy sandwiches, I could have so easily accepted the offer of a chocolate bar or two, but somehow managed to resist. I just locked myself away in my office during lunch and enjoyed a vanilla shake instead. It was so hard and made me a tad grumpy and very emotional.

Mood stayed the same and headache attacked full force, could have cried when I got home.

However just did a Wi at home and found that I have lost 6lbs in my first 3 days...

Now I am very very happy and so motivated to see the week out!! :party0019:

Last edited:
Thanks Queeny, have to say this forum is fab for support, don't think I would have got through these last few days without reading other's success stories to keep me motivated xx

Yeah I know, can't believe I've only just found it myself! This is slowly becoming my diet bible lol! Just think by the end of the first week you could double that figure in loss which would be something else! X

Really, I was thinking I might be pushing my luck to hope I would lose 5lbs in first week, so was already over the moon with 6lbs. I am a little scared to hope for too much, but to know it is possible in first week... well that is sooooo exciting lol

I am hooked on this place, on here when ever possible just to keep motivated. How are you do so far? have you just started?
xx

Yeah it's hard to keep level headed about anticipated loss but it's always good to keep positive about it because regardless if you stick at it you will loose! I'm doing really well thanks, I stated on the 25th last Monday & lost exactly a stone in the first week which is mega, got my weigh in on Monday, so fingers crosses I can loose about 9? Maybe lol! My goal is 100 pounds, I have 4 Months & 22 days to do it & keep it off which I have absolute confidence in! Whoop! What about yours? How long do you plan on doing this for & what are you going to loose? X

Lol wow sorry about all the typo's, that's the only thing about this diet by around 10pm I'm shattered!

WOW a tone in the first week, That is fantastic !!!:party0019:

I am going to lose 42lbs by December. Well that is the plan... I think the thing that worries me the most is the keeping it off, as I see that so many people end up back on here time and time again which is something that I don't want. So for me the maintaining it will be key for me!!

I am so excited by how much you have lost, it's such a motivation to know it is possible. I have never stuck to a diet as strickly as I am this one, so that is a big first for me. I am more determined this time round, I have hung a few dresses up around the house that I am desperate to get into, all 3 are slightly smaller than the others so I can work my way into each one as I progress. The smallest is a very dressy evening dress, so My boyfriend has said when I can get back into that he will take me somewhere extra special so I can wear it... mind you it's a size 12, so might be a while yet lol xxx

Thats a really good idea! Size 12 no problemo! That is so achievable and a very realistic goal I have every faith and you're only on day 3! I've seen a dress online that I want for new years eve (my partners birthday) it's £450 but, that is my treat so I don't care about the cost! I'll check in with you tomorrow - I'm whacked lol night lovely xx

Ohhh I agree what is £450 when you will have obviously earnt it, so go for it!!!.

I am off to bed now to try and sleep too, so good night, and sleep tight. Catch you tomorrow xxx:D

Well woke up today feeling great, no hunger, no cravings and full of energy. Hopefully that will last for the rest of the day. Am working from home today, which means no temptations about me (yes I have emptied kitchen of most foods stuff) so day 4 should be smooth running.

Only negative I have noticed is I am smoking alot more than normal, not too happy about that, but I guess you can't have everything. :sigh:

Hope you have had a good day Queeny, and feeling good xx

Hahah that is so funny you say that because so am I! My Richmond menthol supply at tesco express is running low lol!

Ah well, I'd rather sound like Frank butcher than look like him ;)

Feeling good today also it's pissing down here and I'm loving it, weirdly I find this so much easier when the weather is shitty! I've got the day off, first full one in two weeks, gonna have a clean up, then my first shake and pretty much do nothing all day - bliss! Lol hope it goes well for you today xx

Hi Jazzy, your diary is great, I too am on here as much as possible to keep motivated. Everyone is so lovely and supportive. I too was worried about regaining the weight however after a good discussion with my CDC i decided that I wouldnt do sole source for more then a month as I am petrified of being dependent on the shakes and want to adopt a healthy relationship with food when I go back on it. Already I am addicted and fearful of coming off them so I think the sooner I do it the better. I think the fast weightloss gets addictive so want to try and do it as gradually as possible. So am on day ten now, gonna go ss+ next week and week after and then gonna do four weeks and then two weeks on 810 calories before doing stage three. Im already making out my exercise plan for stage three as I know in order to keep the weight coming off ill have to be active... Used to be so fit but have gone to pants the past year.

Hope you have a good day. Congrats on the 6lbs Youre doing great :) x

Oh Queeny you did have me laughing with the Frank Butcher comment, I got an instant vision of him in nothing but his Bow Tie LOL

I am meant to be working hard today, but finding it hard to just sit behind a laptop being creative. Need to write a course on Dealing with Change (rather apt in the circumstances), but can't sit still, so that might just have to wait untill tomorrow.

I had my first try of porridge today... ummmm not sure how I feel about it, seemed to have a texture mix of cake mix and porridge, so not sure yet how I feel about that one.

Hope your having a good day and enjoying your day off chilling. Put that duster down!! LOL ;) xxx

(oh and sorry for all the typos, just noticed how many i seem to make on here) :mad:

Hi Losemenow, Thank you for your lovely comments, I agree this forum is fab, it is so nice to know you can chat to so many others that are going through the same as you are.
I think your plan to only stay on SS for a month is a good idea, I have kinda of made the same desicion, as I am worried that when I start to add food into my diet I may binge and I sooooo don't want that to happen. My problem was I didn't eat enough, so when I did eat my body just stored it as fat, so when I come off the SS, I hope to start introducing evening meals, as I was never hungry in the evenings, so ended up snaking on toast just so I was eating something.

I am so impressed you have lasted to day 10, that is REALLY good going!!! Do you mind me asking how much you have lost in the 10 days??

I love that you are so organised with the Exercise plan too, I will have to take a leaf out of your book and start giving that some thought.

Hope your having a great day!!! xxx

By the way guys, I am Anthea. Strange calling people by their sign in names. :)

Hi Anthea Im Jan!! Usually sign off as Jan but forgot to in my last post. Well I had my weigh in on Monday and id lost 9.1 lbs, Bust according to my mates scales last night ive lost roughly another 2 lbs since then. So over 11 pounds which is great :) Can really feel it in my clothes and have really lost it around my arms and back however its my stomach that reallys needs the attention as its the only place i really really carry weight as such. So need to have a plan of belly attack ready for when i come off sole source :D Atleast ill be carrying on my meetings with my CDC after so thats great shes FAB and has vowed to help me rebuild my relationship with food so not too nervous. Suppose hard and all as sole source is, its kind of nice too in thats its lazy ya know, the next stage will involve so much more get up and go lol! im exhausted thinking about it! :D

We can do this! xxx

Hi Jan,

11lbs is fantastic, maybe by next wiegh in on Monday you will be at a stone loss... what a milestone that will be :party0049:

I am the same, all stomach, well not all but seems to be the last to notice and change in and the worst to cope with!! I hate that when ever I look down it is still there taunting me (in my head of course :)) So when that starts to reduce I know I am on my way!!

I was only saying to my boyfriend yesterday that the SS is a lazy way of dieting as you just don't need think about what your eating, but it is also very tough to keep to, but yes we can do this!!!

Jan can I ask how you got your goal section to stay at the bottom of your threads?? I have tried to put one in my signature but it doesn't seem to save on here. I would like to put one on, but not sure how. Any ideas?? :)

Anthea xx

Morning, how did it go yesterday? How was the dealing with change subject? Get anywhere?

Found the last 3/4 days a bit deflating, weighed myself (lol I know) haven't lost any weight in that time - which is crazy for week two and I've been doing everything 'right' trying not to let it get me down it's a pain in the arse more than anything! Hey ho onwards and upwards another day another pound (i hope)!

Which porridge did you have yesterday? When I first started I got like 10 days of shakes with every flavour so I could find out which ones I like best, all trial and error really but so annoying when you can't stomach it and that is your one and only tiny meal!

I'm Stacey by the way, Hope today goes well & you kick arse! Whoop! Xx

Morning, how did it go yesterday? How was the dealing with change subject? Get anywhere?

Found the last 3/4 days a bit deflating, weighed myself (lol I know) haven't lost any weight in that time - which is crazy for week two and I've been doing everything 'right' trying not to let it get me down it's a pain in the arse more than anything! Hey ho onwards and upwards another day another pound (i hope)!

Which porridge did you have yesterday? When I first started I got like 10 days of shakes with every flavour so I could find out which ones I like best, all trial and error really but so annoying when you can't stomach it and that is your one and only tiny meal!

I'm Stacey by the way, Hope today goes well & you kick arse! Whoop! Xx

Hi Stacy,

I gave up on the Change programme as couldn't concentrate, but started it this morning, so it's all good :) I know the temptation to wiegh yourself at home is soooooo big, but not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing, as I know my CDC's scales are different to mine, so a little confused as to how much I have lost, and would be deverstated if I thought I had lost more than I actually had. Don't worry if you have not lost anything, as long as you haven't put any on it's all good, might be your'll go on Monday and have lost loads more than you expect!!

I tried the plane porridge as CDC said it was the nicest, taste was fine, but texture... yukkkkk!!! I did the same as you, got a whole load to try and decide what I like, but gutted when I try something that is awfull, but have to force it down or go without! :sigh: I have made a list of all the stuff I do like now, so next week will be better.

Guessing you are back at work today, hope it is a good day. Catch you later. Keep smiling, it will be all worth it in the end xxx:D

Back