Step 1 Sole Source Toffee and walnut shake

thisisme

Hi all,

Does anyone else have this shake? I like the taste of it but even in a pint of water, I still find it gets sickly pretty quickly.

Not sure if adding a spoon of coffee to it will make a difference (I do this with the vanilla, mix it with loads of ice and it tastes like a Starbucks frappucino) but not sure if it would work with the toffee and walnut and don't want to waste a pack if it's horrible!

I tried it the other day for the first time and it was ok. I had it cold with ice. You can taste the walnut more than the toffee but I would have it again.

I hope that helps x x

For me it smells better than it tastes! Def going to avoid it in future, it has that 'stale' taste that the soups have for me although I think I'm in the minority here! Best shake by far for me is mint chocolate :)

I must be the weirdo here, I LOVE toffee & walnut and ordered most of my packs for this week in that flavour and Choc Mint lol x

Hah me too, I love toffee & walnut... I've enjoyed all the shakes I've tried, think I've had them all except cappuccino and forest fruits...

Love love toffee and walnut shakes - but only when they're made up as muffins. Mind you, muffin-making is a bit of an art form in itself and you aren't supposed to cook one of your products if you're only on 3 packs a day. But it's great when you really can't face the thought of another shake. :)

Lily's rough and ready guide to muffin making (don't blame me if this doesn't work out for you!)

Using a ramekin (i've got a little ceramic one that works well) dissolve a tablet sweetener in about 2 tablespoons of hot water from the kettle. Pour toffee/walnut shake mix on top and mix well. You need the mixture to be quite dry rather than gloopy - too much liquid is not a good idea - but you may need to add a little more hot water to get it to mix.

Pop into a microwave and cook for 1 min 40 seconds (my microwave is an 800W so you may need to adjust the time in either direction for a few seconds).

Remove from microwave and spoon out spongy muffin on to a plate (hopefully it won't stick too much!). Eat! :)

i think taste buds adjust and change over time. Some shakes I liked initially i can't have anymore. I think you should rotate them

I like toffee and walnut too, with chocolate are the two flavors I prefer.

Hmmm muffins!!! try mixing half a banana and hake toffee and walnut together and it makes an amazing banoffee flavoured shake!!!

Back