Toffee Crunch Ice Cream

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hi All.....Has anyone ever heard of the slimming world recipe for this?

I found it last night in my nieces slimming world pack for teenagers.....

it is very low syn....there are 5.25 syns for the whole lot, and I have divided this up into two BIG portions, but I reckon it could easily make 4....so mine is about 2.5 syns a serving...but that is gonna be a lot of ice cream, I think...

I have just made it and am waiting for it to freeze.....

I will let you all know what it was like when I have eaten some in hopefully a couple of hours!!

This is the recipe:

1 x 2oog pot of Toffee Mullerlight Yoghurt

1 x 200g pot of vanilla mullerlight Yoghurt

1 x 500g pot of very low fat natural fromage frais

Artificial Sweetener to taste

1 x 21.5g Fun Size bag of Maltesers, crushed.

Stir the yoghurts and from frais together, sweeten to taste. Stir in the crushed Maltesers and pop into a freezer - proof tub, place in the freezer.

Lightly whip approx every 30 mins to break down any ice crystals that might be forming.

Ice cream should be ready in approx 2 hours....

Thats it!!

I will let you know what mine is like, but, I gotta tell ya, the pre-frozen mixture was yum!! So I am lookin forward to it!!

Hi All.....Has anyone ever heard of the slimming world recipe for this?

I found it last night in my nieces slimming world pack for teenagers.....

it is very low syn....there are 5.25 syns for the whole lot, and I have divided this up into two BIG portions, but I reckon it could easily make 4....so mine is about 2.5 syns a serving...but that is gonna be a lot of ice cream, I think...

I have just made it and am waiting for it to freeze.....

I will let you all know what it was like when I have eaten some in hopefully a couple of hours!!

This is the recipe:

1 x 2oog pot of Toffee Mullerlight Yoghurt

1 x 200g pot of vanilla mullerlight Yoghurt

1 x 500g pot of very low fat natural fromage frais

Artificial Sweetener to taste

1 x 21.5g Fun Size bag of Maltesers, crushed.

Stir the yoghurts and from frais together, sweeten to taste. Stir in the crushed Maltesers and pop into a freezer - proof tub, place in the freezer.

Lightly whip approx every 30 mins to break down any ice crystals that might be forming.

Ice cream should be ready in approx 2 hours....

Thats it!!

I will let you know what mine is like, but, I gotta tell ya, the pre-frozen mixture was yum!! So I am lookin forward to it!!
Ohhhh sounds very scrummy indeed have you put it in the recipe thread at the top. I will be giving that a try.:drool:

Well I made it, and obviously it is more of a frozen yoghurt than an ice cream....I ate a bit last night when it was not really 100% frozen, and it was nice....but couldn't eat anywhere near half the mixture....is really quite sweet and a tad sickly, but still nice.....this morning when I got up it was ROCK SOLID, and I mean, I literally would have had to take a chisel to it to get it to break....tonight I have had a bit more of it by waiting for it to thaw slightly then sort of shaving bits off with a spoon and eating them....
So all in all, not as great as I thought it might be....but satisfies a sweet tooth I think, and very low syn, and will last a long time, and takes a long time to eat as it is sooooo hard!!!

I'm going to try making this in my ice cream machine tonight but i remember the last time i made mint ice cream with the new mint mullerlight it was rock hard too. I'm researching how to prevent it from freezing so solidly. I'm wondering whether egg whites would help....

Back