Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

TOFU MAYONAISE RECIPE

Discussion in 'LL Maintenance' started by Blonde Logic, 24 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I am posting this here too, as it is all I use not - not just during RTM, but forever.

THought folks might like as alternative to FATTENING Mayonaise....this is virtually sinless!

1 12 oz box silken Tofu (must be silken <soft> tofu as will not work with firm)
    2 tsp Sesame Oil (or Olive, or not at all)
    1/2 tsp dry mustard (or more if you like - I do)
    2 Tblsp rice or apple cider vinegar
    2 tsp Soy Sauce (I oftne omit this)
    Salt to taste

Blend it all ina food processor. If you have an attachment with the smaller bowl I think it works better. Just whip it untill completely smooth and gorgeous.

This has been a life saver for me. You can have Pasta/Macaroni type salads, cole slaw, etc., without any guilt at all. There is VIRTUALLY no fat. ANd its a beautiful consistency.

Once made, you can flavour it as you like for salad dressings, etc. Add a bit of blue cheese; whip it whit acovado; make a Marie Rose (is that what the prawn cocktail dressing is called? We call it 1000 Island)....anyway, the list is a limted as your imagination.

Hope you like it!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    I will continue on my quest to find tofu. I've asked a couple of times but no luck yet!

What's the shelf life like? I assume you keep it in the fridge but does it last a while? The mayo not the tofu.

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    the mayo last about a week, to week and a half.

Sainsburys carries the little boxes of Silken. :)

5. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks BL will give it a go

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.