Tofu Mince?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lydia150970, 15 April 2009 Social URL.

1. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi

Does anyone know if tofu mince (Cauldron Foods) is free on green? Ive found a great recipe for Sweet potato and tofu pie in the new Cook Vegetarian magazine that I want to try at the weekend, it uses Tofu Mince which I know I can get at my local Asda but I can't find it on the slimming world website, I assume it is, its just tofu minced, but I want to double check first.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I'm sure it is as I found this on the SW website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cauldron Foods Original Tofu, 250g pack, chilled 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    So minced tofu is just this cut up into teeny tiny pieces!

4. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can input the Nutrition Information into the Syns Calculator and it will tell you for sure what the syn value is. I've learned the hard way, it's not always a good idea to assume.

5. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I did think about doing that, but it will tell me the syn value won't it, not if its free or not? I don't want to eat something and syn it when I don't need to but equally don't want to assume its free when its not!!

What about if I look at the nutritional value and if its the same as plain tofu and/or quorn mince - would it be acceptable to count it as free then? I guess alternatively I could use plain tofu and chop it up small!

6. HollyM

HollyM Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you put in the details on the sin calculator it will show as a 0 value if its free - I've tried it!

By the way - can you post the recipe - I love sweet potatoes!

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Oh right, I'll give that a go, thanks for the tip. Will def post the recipe for you in a bit.

8. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Ive found it! Its actually by Alpro Soya not Cauldron (my fault!!), its 3.5 syns for the whole pack, so for the recipe I want it for that would for arguments sake be 1 syn per serving, so will go for it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.