• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tofu Mince?

Hi

Does anyone know if tofu mince (Cauldron Foods) is free on green? Ive found a great recipe for Sweet potato and tofu pie in the new Cook Vegetarian magazine that I want to try at the weekend, it uses Tofu Mince which I know I can get at my local Asda but I can't find it on the slimming world website, I assume it is, its just tofu minced, but I want to double check first.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I'm sure it is as I found this on the SW website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cauldron Foods Original Tofu, 250g pack, chilled 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
So minced tofu is just this cut up into teeny tiny pieces!

Minders

Finding inspiration
You can input the Nutrition Information into the Syns Calculator and it will tell you for sure what the syn value is. I've learned the hard way, it's not always a good idea to assume.

I did think about doing that, but it will tell me the syn value won't it, not if its free or not? I don't want to eat something and syn it when I don't need to but equally don't want to assume its free when its not!!

What about if I look at the nutritional value and if its the same as plain tofu and/or quorn mince - would it be acceptable to count it as free then? I guess alternatively I could use plain tofu and chop it up small!

If you put in the details on the sin calculator it will show as a 0 value if its free - I've tried it!

By the way - can you post the recipe - I love sweet potatoes!

Oh right, I'll give that a go, thanks for the tip. Will def post the recipe for you in a bit.

Ive found it! Its actually by Alpro Soya not Cauldron (my fault!!), its 3.5 syns for the whole pack, so for the recipe I want it for that would for arguments sake be 1 syn per serving, so will go for it.