tofu

londoner1

Hi,
Could someone help me....are we allowed to eat tofu as part of protein as well as meat? I like tofu and could happily eat vast amounts but i am worried that it might be part of the 1kg dairy limit.
Thanks in advance,

I bought tofu and dont know what to do with it...

I got some and thought it was foul! any help with the stuff would be much appreciated londoner1 im getting a tad fed up of chicken - not sure about the amount sorry

That is such a good question! Do we treat it as cheese or protein?

What do you do with it? Grill it? Dry fry it?

I pat it dry on kitchen paper, cube it, roll it in chilli flakes and black pepper and bake it till its crispy - i then make a 0% yog dip and dip away - lush :). It's wet so it does take ages to bake as I don't like gooey tofu!

Tks! Will try that!

I read online that it can absorb all the flavours you put on it, I gave it a try and make cumin & paprika tofu cubes to snack on and salt & pepper on chip shapes to go with a bit of chicken.. it was surprisingly nice! :) and makes good snacks..

My BF's Mum puts it in soups & stir-frys (PV days) and apparently she made ribs a while ago for them and added tofu to the BBQ sauce and it absorbed the flavour and they loved it! I think there's a Dukan BBQ sauce recipe in the recipe section you could try?

Hi,
Could someone help me....are we allowed to eat tofu as part of protein as well as meat? I like tofu and could happily eat vast amounts but i am worried that it might be part of the 1kg dairy limit.
Thanks in advance,

Londoner1, I too would be interested to know if it is counted as a dairy, hopefully someone here may know the answer.

I have been a little worried to have it instead of protein thinking it wouldn't be as good because of the carb content.:confused:

Hi,what i do is cube it and dry fry it with sliced mushrooms, add fresh grated ginger and garlic, some lemon juice and chilli flakes, when the mushrooms and tofu are brown i add a sachet of miso soup and some water. It is quite delicious.

An update: I have been having quite a bit of tofu and so far it has not affected my weight loss, so hopefully it is classed as a protein.

Back