Toilet problem,HELP!!!!!!!

mummyoftwo2

After eating on boxing day I had a laxative because I was feeling soo blotted and needed to have a toilet trip,well is been two weeks now and no movements.I took couple of senekot tables two days ago and nothing has happen,I even had a glycerin suppository yesterday and nothing either,so even that I am on ss,I am thinking on havig an meal tonight so I can have something on my stomach and be able to take the laxative(couple of days just before Xmas I had the same laxative on ss and I though I was gonna die ,an enormeous stomach ache).So just wanted to ask ..

*any other option?,and if no
*what are you guys on ss+taking that is pure protein so I wont get out of ketosis?

Thanks everyone.

Myself i'm using Laxatee or Slimatee from Holland and Barrats it really good tea it comes in 10-20 teabags and i'm using it every after 3days cos it makes you run to the toilets even thought there's nothing in the tummy but once you drink a shakes you will start feeling the bowels movements. Hope it works for you.

Thanks Vanilla,Slimatee is the one that gave me that horrible cramps last time ,it does really work,I know but I just dont wanna be over the same horrible pain like last time.Doesn't it give you cramps with nothing on your stomach?

It does but once i drink a litre of water there me rushing to the toilet again

I would advise you to take movicol , it can be bought over the counter in chemists ( make sure you get the plain one ) and is a gentle laxative ( the only one that doesnt give me horrenous cramps ) , I take 2 every other day and its brill , and it is also used to unblock serious blockages ( I would say 2 weeks is pretty serious !!) it has full instructions but if you take 4 sachets with plenty of water it will get you moving again , and you dont need to eat with it either :)

The cd fibre supplement works and is easy to take......I have ordered some for next week!
Sorry forgotten the name of it, as I always just call it fibre supplement to my cdc.
x

I'm on add a meal week this week - and its made it worse - so don't rush into eating just to get it moving. Like you tried several things that normally work and nothing! I'm going to try movical tomorrow!

Hi - most of us who have done SS have had to deal with this!!

You need to deal with the constipation first - movicol is excellent so I would try that asap.
Next you need to ensure that you add fibre to your diet so you don't get this problem. Try the fibre supplement you can buy fron CDC or psyllium husks can be added to shakes or soup or porridge (I only like it in porridge and it took me a while to get a consistency I liked!). ALSO DRINK A LOT OF WATER - THAT HELPS!!!!!!
Good luck - I hope you get moving soon x

Yeh,I will try to buy some tomorrow and see how it goes,eating tonight will only make me want it tomorrow and then will be worst the solution than the problem,thanks ladies.

Hi there,

As its been said before try movicol, also you can have senna aswell. Laxitives are used in a stepwise approach for this problem, So the next step would be to add one in. Speak to a pharmacist or your GP though rather than just buying what you think. Unfortunately you may get some cramps as two weeks is a long time to not go.

Cambridge fibre should only ever be used as a preventative. So once your problem is sorted add this is or ispagula husks are just as good.

Good Luck.

PS, eating may make the problem worse as coming on and off the plan can exaccerbate this problems. The only time I get this problem is when I take a break and go back on ss.

PPS, you may be able to ask for an antispasmodic drug like domperidone to take alongside the laxitives. Speak to someone in the know. x

Where can i buy Movicol ladies?

Thanx Rae rae i will check it 2moro

Ur welcome. I knw its expensive bt id tried everythin else. Went to my drs few wks ago+he prescribed fibregel cos i was usin laxatives every wk for 6 months+didnt wanna become dependant on them whilst im goin thru maintanence. They r THE best vthing ive ever dun to b honest after the initial bloating and bein uncomfortable. For the first time, im no longer constipated :) woooo. They do contain citric acid so may nt b gud if on ss xx

Ur welcome. I knw its expensive bt id tried everythin else. Went to my drs few wks ago+he prescribed fibregel cos i was usin laxatives every wk for 6 months+didnt wanna become dependant on them whilst im goin thru maintanence. They r THE best vthing ive ever dun to b honest after the initial bloating and bein uncomfortable. For the first time, im no longer constipated :) woooo. They do contain citric acid so may nt b gud if on ss xx

My daughter was prescribed them when she was having bowel problems. Could your Dr not prescribe you them rather than paying that much? :eek: I think someone mentioned that if you get plain, They don`t contain the Citric Acid and are ok for SS

Xx

Sacred silence...i bought the movicol b4 i went to c my dr. He prescribed fibregel for me so dnt have to pay for that. Its the best thing ive ever dun usin that,im 'normal' now :) i dnt mind usin the flavoured ones as im maintaining my weight now,just thought id mention ss incase anybody else wanted to try them xx

Back