Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Tomato Sauce please help

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Lianna, 28 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im making meat free meatballs with pasta for tea,, how can i make a tomato based sauce a nice tasty one please x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Tin of chopped tomatoes, add to garlic and onions fried in frylight, add herbs - oregano, marjoram, basil, parsley etc - cook up then blitz in a blender x

4. Lyesie

Lyesie Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a nice spicy tomato sauce which I froze into portions then used 1 as a base for syn-free pizzas and the other as a sauce for cheesy meatballs.

2 cartons of Passata, black pepper, salt, paprika, dried oregano (add garlic and chilli flakes if you like - which I did, but I like spice!). Put it all on a low heat and reduce by about half. Really lovely intense flavours.

Good luck!

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i'd add some sweetener to any of the above recipes.

6. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nice recipes peeps!! It's a great idea to make a batch and freeze some because it's so versatile for pasta, meatballs, chicken, pizza recipes etc etc and makes sense costwise and healthwise- so much better for you (and syn free) than buying jars of it in s'markets! X

7. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If i just use garlic, onion, mixed herbs and pasata with a bit of sweetner will that be nice? or should i add some tomato puree and maybe some worcester sauce?

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

tomato puree would intensify the tomato flavour, and worcester sauce would add a bit of spice, its all up to you hun x,

9. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ye i think i will do that :) thank you for your help x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.