• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tomato Sauce please help

Tin of chopped tomatoes, add to garlic and onions fried in frylight, add herbs - oregano, marjoram, basil, parsley etc - cook up then blitz in a blender x

S: 12st2lb G: 10st7lb
I made a nice spicy tomato sauce which I froze into portions then used 1 as a base for syn-free pizzas and the other as a sauce for cheesy meatballs.

2 cartons of Passata, black pepper, salt, paprika, dried oregano (add garlic and chilli flakes if you like - which I did, but I like spice!). Put it all on a low heat and reduce by about half. Really lovely intense flavours.

Good luck!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
Nice recipes peeps!! It's a great idea to make a batch and freeze some because it's so versatile for pasta, meatballs, chicken, pizza recipes etc etc and makes sense costwise and healthwise- so much better for you (and syn free) than buying jars of it in s'markets! X

Lianna

Silver Member
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
If i just use garlic, onion, mixed herbs and pasata with a bit of sweetner will that be nice? or should i add some tomato puree and maybe some worcester sauce?

Lianna

Silver Member
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
ye i think i will do that :) thank you for your help x