Tomato Sauce please help

Lianna

Silver Member
Im making meat free meatballs with pasta for tea,, how can i make a tomato based sauce a nice tasty one please x

Tin of chopped tomatoes, add to garlic and onions fried in frylight, add herbs - oregano, marjoram, basil, parsley etc - cook up then blitz in a blender x

I made a nice spicy tomato sauce which I froze into portions then used 1 as a base for syn-free pizzas and the other as a sauce for cheesy meatballs.

2 cartons of Passata, black pepper, salt, paprika, dried oregano (add garlic and chilli flakes if you like - which I did, but I like spice!). Put it all on a low heat and reduce by about half. Really lovely intense flavours.

Good luck!

Nice recipes peeps!! It's a great idea to make a batch and freeze some because it's so versatile for pasta, meatballs, chicken, pizza recipes etc etc and makes sense costwise and healthwise- so much better for you (and syn free) than buying jars of it in s'markets! X

If i just use garlic, onion, mixed herbs and pasata with a bit of sweetner will that be nice? or should i add some tomato puree and maybe some worcester sauce?

tomato puree would intensify the tomato flavour, and worcester sauce would add a bit of spice, its all up to you hun x,

ye i think i will do that :) thank you for your help x

Back