Tomato soup

stephanees

Just had this for my lunch and am not sure what I think of it, it wasn't horrible but I can't say I enjoyed it.

Think my problem stems mainly from the smell and the fact it reminds me of the Cambridge spicy tomato which I didn't like too much either as it made me feel sick, it's also the same smell as the s&s tomato chilli if you want an idea so if you like that then you will prob like the soup.

It did mix up well tho, was nice and smooth with no lumps (again that played a part in putting me off the Cambridge one so is an improvement on that, just got to get my head over that and id enjoy it more) the consistency was also really nice and felt quite filling, I have no idea of the amount of water used but used one of the large cone shaped mugs you can get which are slightly bigger than a normal mug.

I really wanted to like it more and if it wasn't for my Cambridge experience I might have done as the flavour wasn't that bad (not Heinz tomato soup but had a bit of a peppery back taste) and I will prob give it another go in the future as tastes do change

Will be giving it a try as I love the soups, find them so filling. The Thai one especially, adore it for lunch

Going into winter tomato be a nice addition

X

I agree it's very similar to s&s spicy tomato. I don't overly hate the spicy tomato but the tomato soup being similar is boring. I too think the soups are filling but out of all the ones Iv'e had the tomato soup is a huge let down. Only ordered 5 so not too dissapointed. But wont be ordering any moreim afraid.

I had this earlier today and wasn't too sure about it either... the taste was ok, but it went quite thick and frothy - which was a bit odd. I will drink it but not sure I'm a "fan".

Back