Tomorrow I am going to be.......

Boo

Silver Member
a WW meeting helper!!

My metting leader has asked if I will help out at her/my Saturday morning meetings as she thinks I'll be a good motivator for the people who attend the meeting!!!

I've still got loads of weight to lose but she said that so far I had done so well especially as I travel overseas alot & sometimes have a difficult time controling what I can eat. She thinks I'll be an inspiration to others. :eek::eek:

So I'll give it a try for a few weeks & see how it goes.

Has anyone else done this????

Hiya, well done on your loss and being asked to be a helper.

When I used to go to class, I used to help out. I did various things, I used to be the second person weighing in, helped new members understand the plan and also asked to talk about my weight loss journey.

Its very nervey but also very rewarding.

Very well done x

Well done, my mum is a helper at meetings, she got to goal a while ago and now does a bit of everything, second weigher, welcoming newbies and helping them register mostly, she really enjoys it and loves a natter so it suits her perfectly!

At my old meeting there were a couple of helpers, and they never smiled! It was awful if they weighed you because you'd never get any positive words, and if you put on there was no encouragement... so if i could give you one bit of advice as a helper it would be to smile, because you have no idea how much just a smile can put people at ease in a situation like a weigh in :) x

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

I am a little nervous to be honest. People say I come across very confident & friendly but inside I have no confidence at all.
I know the effect a smile can have on people so I always try to smile most of the time.

Will let you know how it goes. :) xxx

Hey guys! Well I did my first meeting today as a helper & it went really well. :)

I was on the shop today & will be again next week.
We had lots of new starters today too so remembered the words of wisdom & kept a friendly smile on my face.

Plus I lost 2lbs this week too. :) xx

Boo said:
Hey guys! Well I did my first meeting today as a helper & it went really well. :)

I was on the shop today & will be again next week.
We had lots of new starters today too so remembered the words of wisdom & kept a friendly smile on my face.

Plus I lost 2lbs this week too. :) xx

Hi Boo, well done on your loss.

Sounds like you had a good time and bet you made loads of new people feel comfortable.

Well done on your first day

I loved being a helper, free membership and first to get weighed :giggle:

I went to meetings on my own so helping out was brilliant for getting to know people

Cheers guys.

I go to meetings alone too & yesterday was a great way to get to know everyone. I am so glad I volunteered. xx

Back