Toning Upper Arms

RayeRaye

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice on the types of exercises I can do to tone up my upper arms (mostly the tricep area, hello loose skin after massive weight loss).

I already do dips, push-ups, planks and so forth, but whilst I'd been losing weight, I've not noticed much tone or definition in this area.

The bicep portion of my arm is fairly normal (I have a decent amount of visible muscle when I flex) and the tricep is visible as I'm completing my push-ups. Is the underside of my arm always going to be a problem area? has anybody else lost a large amount of weight and ended up with the same problem? have you overcome it with strength training?

I'm still carrying a little extra weight in my thighs and tummy area, and I'm not so worried about those since they're not ever visible, but my upper arms tend to bulge out of t-shirts and I don't dare wear anything sleeveless right now. I'd rather not ever consider surgical changes, not least because I'm far too poor for it to be an option :p

I'm looking mostly for things I can do at home, using my own bodyweight rather than any other equipment. I have limited space and I'm trying to save money, thus all I have is resistance bands and a foam mat for floor exercises.

I'm practically sitting on my goal weight (although I know I'll probably lose about a stone more, eventually, when my exercise routine is once again in full swing, I've finally hit "normal" on the BMI scale) so I'm focused more on tone & strength than any actual weight loss at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

this is just what programme ive been given for my arms:

double arm bicep curl 3 x 10 reps
single arm bicep curls 3 x 10 reps each arm
prejure curl 3 x 10 reps each arm
cables bicep curl 3 x 10 reps
forearm cable curl 3 x 10 reps
double arm hammer curl 3 x 10 reps
single arm hammer curl 3 x 10 reps each arm

tricep extention (cables) 3 x 10 reps
tricep rope (cables) 3 x 10 reps
tricep overhead extention (cables) 3 x 10 reps
free weights tricep extention 3 x 10 reps
single arm dumbell extention 3 x 10 reps each arm
tricep dips 3 x 10 reps
tricep kick backs 3 x 10 reps each arm

dosent feel like much when your doing it, but its the day after! my arms feel so sore after this the day after

they are from using gym equpiment, so if you dont have any weights just try using things like tins of beans ect....

you need to lift heavy weights lower reps...read new rules of lifting for women :)

I've recently discovered kettlebell weights. I find that only 10-15 minutes a time and I can really notice the difference

Back