Too big??

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

Have been reading this section with interest, have never heard if Exante but very tempted to try it!

My worry us that on other calorie controlled diets I have always been given higher calories because I have so much to lose - so my question us can you be too big to do a VLCD???

I really like the idea of not having to buy food and have choices for a while. Do you think I could do it? I am currently 23 stone? Has anyone else my size done this diet? Xxx

This diet is perfect for those of us with lots to lose! I started 6 weeks ago at 304lbs and I'm now 277lbs. It works because you no longer need to think about food, and the weight loss is quick so it keeps your spirits up! After the first 4 days or so the hunger goes and as long as you drink plenty of water you lose plenty of weight. The more you have to lose, the bigger the losses tend to be to start with, I would wholly recommend exante or any other VLCD.

The hardest part is to get your mind into the right frame of mind for starting a period of abstinence - once you're there it's fine.

Good luck ! :)

Thanks I think I will give it a go, have recently done a big shop so will perhaps start in a couple of weeks time, any tips for getting your head in order?! Although I think I could do it what worries me most is my emotional eating. X

jayde1148 said:
Thanks I think I will give it a go, have recently done a big shop so will perhaps start in a couple of weeks time, any tips for getting your head in order?! Although I think I could do it what worries me most is my emotional eating. X

You tend to be able to deal with the eating issues when you are able to step away from it and see from a different perspective. I had 19.6 st to lose this is my 6th week and already have lost 22lbs. Good luck

I started at 19 and a half stone and I'm 15 today :)
It's easy after ur first 4 days as u no longer feel hunger, it's all in ur head after ketosis kicks in :)
I've tryed every diet going and this is by far the easiest diet I've done, u don't have to think about what you can eat. Foods off limits and that's all there is too it! :) The shakes are bloody delicious too :)
Coming on here helps, people are so supportive.
I'd say over the next couple of weeks before u start, try cut down on carbs.

If I can do it anyone can lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone I feel really motivated to try it now. I once tried weight to go which is like diet chef and it was vile but was not quite food replacement so maybe food being off limits will be easier and everyone sea to like the taste of Exante. Can't wait!!!

What Cybill didnt mention is she only started Exante in October of last year! Shes doing ruddy amazing!

To make things easier for yourself, start cutting back now, cut out carbs and up your water intake if nothing else.

Have a look on this website, its Tony Ferguson which I was on before Exante and it gives recipes you can eat while on TF so if you try and stick to those types of food, it will help you start to get the carbs out of your system.
http://www.tonyferguson.com/weight-loss-recipes.aspx

If you drink a lot of coffee or tea, try and swap over to green tea and water.

Doing those couple of things will help stop you getting the horrible headaches and rubbish feeling you get when you suddenly stop carbs and caffeine (unless you can drink your tea and coffee black then you can still have them but not many people can have them black)

If you are still a bit worried about going for total solution (just three packs a day) then maybe consider doing working solutions for the first week or two, this will get you either in Ketosis or very nearly in, so when you go to total solutions Ketosis will kick in quicker and you wont feel hungry.

But most importantly... you CAN do this.

It doesn't matter your starting weight 3 packs will be fine. I'm not going to embarrass myself by telling you my starting weight but you'll be fine

Exante is THE best diet there is. I've lost 6 stones since Aug and that even allows for the fact I had December off

This is most definitely the last diet I'll ever do

This diet is perfect for those of us with lots to lose! I started 6 weeks ago at 304lbs and I'm now 277lbs. It works because you no longer need to think about food, and the weight loss is quick so it keeps your spirits up! After the first 4 days or so the hunger goes and as long as you drink plenty of water you lose plenty of weight. The more you have to lose, the bigger the losses tend to be to start with, I would wholly recommend exante or any other VLCD.

The hardest part is to get your mind into the right frame of mind for starting a period of abstinence - once you're there it's fine.

Good luck ! :)

HERE HERE! Couldnt have said it better myself :D x

Back