Too good to be true?

carla

Hi everyone! :D

My husband and I started SW yesterday, but it all seems a little too good to be true. We can't believe that all the food we are eating is allowed. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look and give feedback on what we've had so far...

Yesterday-

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and smoked salmon on wholemeal toast, one tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn), apple.

Lunch - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, parsnips and butternut squash all done in Fry Light, carrots and broccoli, instant gravy (1 1/2 syns), fruit salad

Dinner - Tuna and sweetcorn fritters with homemade salsa, oven chips (2 1/2 syns), Cadbury low fat trifle (6 1/2 syns)

Before bed - Highlights hot choc (2 syns)

Milk as HexA

Today -

Breakfast - Egg and bacon mixture over two large field mushrooms, two WW sausages (1 syn), one tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (4 syns)

Dinner - SW lamb rogan josh, rice and fat free yoghurt, followed by Muller light and banana.

Snack - Pack of French Fries (4.5 syns)
2 Alpen light bars (Hex B)
Milk (Hex A)
Hot choc before bed (2 syns)

This seems like so much, I can't believe I'm going to lose weight eating all this food! Is it too much?

Thanks so much for reading,

Carla.

Hi Carla, it all looks fine to me :) I would have put some salad with the jacket potato though to make it more filling xx

This is why I love SW. There's no need to be hungry on the plan.
The only thing to be careful of hun is portion sizes, always make sure the plate is filled with Superfree food i.e veg, salad etc and smaller amounts of free foods i.e potatoes, pasta rice and meats.
Good luck to you and your Hubby.
xxx Looby

Hi Carla, it all looks fine to me :) I would have put some salad with the jacket potato though to make it more filling xx

Ah, ok - I might do that next time, although I couldn't finish it all!

Thanks. I'll be interested to see the scales on Sunday. It really doesn't feel like a diet at all!

This is why I love SW. There's no need to be hungry on the plan.
The only thing to be careful of hun is portion sizes, always make sure the plate is filled with Superfree food i.e veg, salad etc and smaller amounts of free foods i.e potatoes, pasta rice and meats.
Good luck to you and your Hubby.
xxx Looby

Is the Superfree thing where you fill one third of your plate with veg? Is it ok to mix it all in, like my curry tonight? I'm not a massive fan of rice anyway so will have small amounts of that and just have more of the curry.

Yes hun thats right. Superfree foods are the foods in your book that are on the yellow pages that we can have on all the plans. I try to make sure that my plate has more Superfree and a smaller portion of the other freefoods (on the green and red pages) I mentioned, we will get better weight loses if we fill up on these foods. Yes you can mix them in, at this very moment Ive got cooking a Quorn Chilli using, onions, red and yellow peppers, chillies, mushrooms, carrot, courgettes and passata as my superspeed foods.
Quorns a speedfood too, so this meal is ideal.
Vegetable soup is a good one too.
Hope this helps hun. xxx Looby

Hi everyone! :D

My husband and I started SW yesterday, but it all seems a little too good to be true. We can't believe that all the food we are eating is allowed. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look and give feedback on what we've had so far...

Yesterday-

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and smoked salmon on wholemeal toast, one tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn), apple.

Lunch - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, parsnips and butternut squash all done in Fry Light, carrots and broccoli, instant gravy (1 1/2 syns), fruit salad

Dinner - Tuna and sweetcorn fritters with homemade salsa, oven chips (2 1/2 syns), Cadbury low fat trifle (6 1/2 syns)
no superfree

Before bed - Highlights hot choc (2 syns)

Milk as HexA

Today -

Breakfast - Egg and bacon mixture over two large field mushrooms, two WW sausages (1 syn), one tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (4 syns) no superfree

Dinner - SW lamb rogan josh, rice and fat free yoghurt, followed by Muller light and banana. if there were loads of vegetables in the curry, then that's fine

Snack - Pack of French Fries (4.5 syns)
2 Alpen light bars (Hex B)
Milk (Hex A)
Hot choc before bed (2 syns)

This seems like so much, I can't believe I'm going to lose weight eating all this food! Is it too much?

Thanks so much for reading,

Carla.

You seem to have missed out on superfree (vegetables and/or fruit) in a couple of your meals (in red, above), but that is easy to do while you are getting used to the plan.

Otherwise you seem to be doing fine.

Good luck!

Edit - Oops, just noticed the salsa with dinner on the first day - that would have been some superfree!

You seem to have missed out on superfree (vegetables and/or fruit) in a couple of your meals (in red, above), but that is easy to do while you are getting used to the plan.

Otherwise you seem to be doing fine.

Good luck!

Edit - Oops, just noticed the salsa with dinner on the first day - that would have been some superfree!

Nevermind

Last edited:
And yes, the tuna and sweetcorn fritters were served with the salsa which was tomato, cucumber, onion and herbs. I had quite a large portion of this and only 100g of the oven chips.

Back