Too heavy for slimfast?

olivia1987uk

I read somewhere you should only use it if you have 20% or less of your body weight to lose...I have like 40ish!

I've started again yesterday, but am wondering, is the reason I'm failing because I'm too heavy?

:(

In my opinion I don't see why being too heavy would stop you losing weight on the plan, probably they might say that as losing more weight that 20% needs medical advice and they're probably just covering their backs. Best to look at the slimfast website and see what it says, there may even be an advice line you can call.

I went to see my doctor before I started losing this time, he checked my bllod pressure etc and said it was fine to use slimfast again. So maybe a visit to your doc would be advisable just to be sure.

I went to see my doctor for a completely different reason last week (contraceptive pill) and he asked me if I was trying to lose weight. I told him I was trying slimfast and he weighed me and took my blood pressure then...surely he would have said something if there was a problem? Slimfast is so wellknown and established now, if there was an issue surely he would have flagged it up....

I would think Slim Fast would be one of the better ones to do. At least you get a decent amount of calories and can adjust accordingly. What about the total food replacement diets, they are ok for people with more than 40% to loose.

I would just keep an eye on how your energy levels are and if you have any moods swings. But if your blood pressure is fine then I'm sure it's ok to do any diet.
x

I hope so...I'll keep you all updated...thanks for putting my mind at rest....

Well if you've already been checked out by the doc and all is ok I'd say go for it, I can't see there would be a problem. Like I said before I think slimfast like to cover their backs in this society of lawsuits we have over everything!!

Oh Linda! Great new pic, you're looking fab!!!

Back