Too much rice?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lucylupin, 10 June 2010 Social URL.

1. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I am going to do chicken bhuna and rice for dinner, but have got a reciepe for rice pudding in the slow cooker and really fancy it for pudding.
    Do you think that it will be alright to have both today, i am doing an EE day.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gemma_

gemma_ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(16.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    not sure if its the same.. but i was eating loads of rice/pasta/potato's last week and didn't effect weight loss... just remember if yourdoing EE to eat 1/3 superfree with your meal x

4. GracieMai

GracieMai Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Rice pudding in the slow cooker????? Recipe please, I LOVE rice pudding but have avoided it since starting SW. xx

5. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Dont know how to do links, but if you look in the recipe section it is on there

6. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I would :D as long as you are on EE, if it was me though I still would watch my portion control though

sounds good

:eek::eek: why??? I have one a week made with milk (hea) and I still lose well :D I had one this morning with a nutmeg skin and it was lovely :D

7. libbywhite

libbywhite gonna do it

hmmm would be a great recipe on a green day though made with milk and a little fromage frais splenda really could work!!!

8. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I shouldnt think it would be a problem, as long as you cope okay with carbs.

I unfortunately have to watch my carb intake, as they bloat me out. I have those measuring cups which come in really useful, so I have no more than a cooked cups worth of rice now with meals, works out about 1/2 cup uncooked, and for pasta I have no more than 3oz uncooked. If I have a potatoes in any form, I pick one that fits in the palm of my hand.

9. GracieMai

GracieMai Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ummmm, because I had no idea how to make it so as far as i was concerned rice pudding came out of tin and assumed it was high in syns, oh dear I've been a numpty havent i :cry:

Off to raid the recipe section now for rice pudding yay!!! :D

Thanks x

10. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    In the One Pot Wonders book there is a delicous recipe for rice pudding with rosewater and cardamom. Makes the whole house smell wonderful while it is cooking!

Rice pudding out of a tin is totally different - nice, but nothing like real rice pudding!

11. lowrygirl

lowrygirl Member

Sounds lovely!
    To make it suitable for EE you'll need your 1/3 superfree with both courses I think.

12. MummyClaire

MummyClaire Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i don't always have my 1/3 on a plate and i'm doing EE , e.g if i do egg and bacon, or egg and sausage for breakfast ...as i dont like tomatoes (as tomatoes, i will eat them in bolognaise, ect) or mushrooms and there isn't a lot of veg you can have with it ... but i will usually have a banana before i eat it (mainly as i get hungary while its cooking) ... so if i do rice pudding its usually after a heavily superfree meal, e.g stirfry ..... not sure if i am meant to but it makes me feel better for it! ...... although i wouldn't have thought it was always possible to have 1/3 superfree, e.g if i have a muller light for dessert i wouldn't think to always add superfree to it, and if the milk in the rice comes from my HEx A then its as free as a muller light would be !

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.