Too Much Water? Help!

Piece of Cloud

Earlier today I read a news article about the dangers of over-hydration, and it also mentioned that too much water can wash the salts and electrolytes out of your body. I'm still getting to grips with this dieting thing, and I know my fluid intake has been quite high, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback as to whether I should carry on as I am or drink a bit less? I mean, I feel fine, my body seems okay with it, but I don't really know what I'm doing so any help would be much appreciated :).

Today I've had 3 litres of water, plus three cups of coffee and a cup of chai tea, which probably adds up to an extra litre or so...what do you think?

They say to drink 2 litres. It is also contained in food and other beverages.
If you need to pee more than once in 2 hours then you could be drinking too much.Your urine shouldn't be clear.
Never hold on to go to the toilet as this can lead to kidney and other problems.
Obviously the more you drink the more you wee so you could be losing more electrolytes and salts.

I drink about 8 cups of tea or hot water every day plus one glass of squash. I usually have a drink every couple of hours and one glass of squash in the afternoon.

If you feel ok on what you are drinking then continue but do keep an eye on the colour of you urine.

Back