Too scared to weigh - Update

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
I know I have put weight on over the last three to four months. I am following SW (with the exception of the odd off-plan weekend) but I just feel and look huge. I know I have put weight on because I cant get into any of my *new* clothes and currently wearing my pre-sw clothing again.

Even though I am following SW, I dont appear to be losing weight and am too scared to get on the scales as I know it will show a gain and I just dont think I can handle it and will resort to comfort eating.

Basically im scared of the fact I know I have put on about a stone but am just to much of a wimp to actually see the scales. Ive not weighed in for two weeks now and I will make it a third week come tomorrow as I know I wont WI in the morning.

Does anyone else get like this?

xx

We all have these kind of times - But my advice to you would be get on the scales to see how much you have put on. So you can put that behind you, forget about it and move on to being focused and back on track :) Good Luck

Hugs from me hun! I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been pretty bad at sticking to plan over the last 2 months or so, and judging by the scales this morning I'm looking at a 2.5lb gain tomorrow morning :eek: This will take me back to nearly the weight I was 12 weeks ago, aaarrggghhh!!

Regardless of my faffing I do still weigh myself every week. I know it sounds stupid as obviously I have been making some very bad food choices over the last couple of months, but if I didn't weigh myself then I think the food choices would have been a lot worse, if you understand what I mean!

Bite the bullet hun and WI tomorrow morning. Maybe then you and I can draw a line under our faffing about and restart SW afresh :)

xxx

Thanks ladies. Im just so scared as I dont want to see what the scales are going to say. I know they are going to say "whoa there! one at a time" and show me a huge gain.

Finding SW so hard at the moment. The past few months has been one night out, one meal out, one binge, one birthday, one holiday after another! Luckly I dont have any more major events coming up recnently so I can focus more.

Meh. I might weigh in tomorrow, so scareddddddd! I bet I will bottle it. Im letting myself down big time.

Sarah-Jayne Hun your not letting yourself down at all. You want to move forward and away from going off plan instead of just giving up so it shows determination :) If you do weigh in tomorrow do tell us how it goes as we're always here so support and advice

Sum Xx

Hi Sarah-Jayne. I agree with the others. You have to take that step, it is really scary but you obviously want to lose weight and the first step is to find out what damage has been done. You may be plesantly surprised.

I have had a couple of off weeks, always at the weekend. My WI was Monday and even up until the start of WI I wanted to turn around, run home and continue eating. I was thinking of a 3lb gain and it was 1lb gain. But knowing that I knew that I could wipe the slate clean and start the next week like my first week at SW.

I always save my syns for the weekend to compensate for special occasions.

You can do it because you want to or you wouldn't be here.

:hug99:big hugs xx

Hi hun!

I know exactly how you feel - have been off track for two and a bit weeks and gosh can feel it! Had a gain last week (2lbs) and put another four on this week! Urgh! If only it was so easy to lose almost half a stone!

Anyway, I still went to class last week and this week have weighed myself at boots (knew I wasn't going to class WI though, and think this has contributed to my extra eating!)

I am back on track today and I feel better already! A few days back on and I know I won't be this sluggish or disheartened about the plan... And a good loss next week my motivation will be back up!

I don't know about you, but going back to basics really helps.
Whether it's the Green, Red or EE you are following - read the books, do your shopping, plan your food and stay within your syns! Its only seven days! And seven days later you will be inspired by your results (and loose trousers) to be all the more motivated for next week! Good luck. !!!! Xxx

Thanks Elaine. Yeah I made the decission to go back to red and green days as of monday but the OH cooked me a valentines meal so monday went out the window. I started AGAIN on Tuesday and have done red days since then. I will probably stick with mostly red days and the occasional ee days I think. I have my books here from when i went to class so having a read of them when i have a spare 5 mins at my desk.

So helpful to know i can come on here and tell people how i feel. it's nice to know im not alone and that everyone has been there before. thanks everyone, i truely appreiate it xxx

Hiya!! I'm the same, I weigh the same I did in jan of last year!! Didn't put any weight on over xmas 2009 but this year I blew it! I'm currently 10lb out of target :( n really struggling to get back into it! I know I'll do it eventually, just got to get into the right frame if mind again! You can do it too, don't get disheartened, everyone had their ups and downs but we all get there in the end x x x

Hey Stace, we sound like we are in the same boat hun. Im the same with trying to get into the right frame of mind. Im really trying to get my head back in gear but finding it hard. Its not the food im finding hard its the lack of positivity I seem to have at the moment I think xx

I think the main thing to do is to get weighed, I know how nervous you are about it, I didn't go for 4 weeks as I knew I'd just gone off the rails but I had to admit defeat!! I try to make a joke of it n say I'm gonna hang my head in shame!! Lol. Worst thing us that it's not gonna happen over night which we all want! I've been a member for 15 months and had lost 2 stone when I got to target so I know u can do it, as can you! This is just a minor set back but you are strong enough n do have the right frame of mind!! :) unfortunately we have to be patient! Bloody weight lol x x x

Sarah-Jayne said:
Thanks Elaine. Yeah I made the decission to go back to red and green days as of monday but the OH cooked me a valentines meal so monday went out the window. I started AGAIN on Tuesday and have done red days since then. I will probably stick with mostly red days and the occasional ee days I think. I have my books here from when i went to class so having a read of them when i have a spare 5 mins at my desk.

So helpful to know i can come on here and tell people how i feel. it's nice to know im not alone and that everyone has been there before. thanks everyone, i truely appreiate it xxx

You're welcome hun! I'm such a faffer it's untrue! And I am sooo sick of losing and gaining the same 12 pounds! So I'm really trying to get on the zone this time...

I'm going a 5k swim in just over six weeks, so trying to stay on track until then. Having a lot to lose staying on track for 6 weeks plus should obviously be the foremost idea - however I literally go on and off the wagon ALL the time! Usually lose 2/3 weeks then have a week where I sts or put on half! Getting sick of it now / just need to stay focused and keep going!

You can do it!! I'm doing mostly red days too - then after next weigh in I'm gonna make the super speed soup and try a few green.

Good luck Hun - here's to us all having a 100% day!!!! xx

Ok, updated......I weighed lol. It wasnt as bad as I thought but still gained. Ive updated my stats and i'm back in the game :)

Thank you all for your kind workds of widsom. You were all right, I just had to bite the bullet and face up to things. Glad I have as now I can move on xxxxxx

Ok, updated......I weighed lol. It wasnt as bad as I thought but still gained. Ive updated my stats and i'm back in the game :)

Thank you all for your kind workds of widsom. You were all right, I just had to bite the bullet and face up to things. Glad I have as now I can move on xxxxxx

Well done for weighing yourself hun! :D I also gained a couple of pounds today, but I feel more enthusiastic about getting back on plan now! xx

Well done for weighing hun :D Im sure your gonna have a good week :) Good luck Xx

Well done, hun x

Back