TooFatKats diary of desperation ..(and hope)

Panic over! Email found. We applied in 2nd April . Offers only made after exam results. Liberty was her 4th choice . Plas Gwyn was her 1st. Victoria 2nd and 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't even know there were others we could apply for, is liberty living not very nice?

It just wasn't Lauren's favourite. If you look on the website you can see pictures of them all and it tells you what facilities they have that are included and what you pay extra for. She also looked at which were fairly close to llandaff campus which is where she would be

Ok. We were only told about liberty - my daughter will be going to royal welsh college of music and drama, so I presume it is the nearest one.

Ah it probably is the closest

Just gone back on xen as I managed to get the last box from a coop chemist thanks to Lexie :)

My body however is just not playing ball :( I've just started another totm only two weeks after the last one which was a week late. So I'm not impressed. Got a feeling this is the long slow beginning of the end and the route to that other time of life I only associate with older women. :( hmm not sure I'm ready to be old but apparently this part can take years anyway .

Got to get my food back under control now . I'd love to lose 4 lb before I go back to the docs for my next weigh in on the 2nd July. A lot of work to do. Better get my ass into gear

Well done on getting some! Their is hope :)

Last week I treated myself to a shiny new set of bathroom scales. I bought the Salter MiBody 9119 all singing all dancing set. They measure practically everything apart from how many litres I wee'd before I got on them! So this week I have become a bit of a scale hopper:p They measure weight, body fat, visceral fat (the fat around your organs) body water, BMI, BMR and muscle mass. I can transfer all the data to the computer via a usb and it gives me all the data and graphs!! Quite impressive. The good thing is that if you are a scale hopper you can get on without looking at the numbers as they are stored automatically. so you only need to look on your offical weigh day but you still get all the data.
Anyway after all that Ive lost 3 lbs this week.:) I think Im finally getting over my plateau. If I can just lose at least 2 more lbs before my weigh in at the docs next Monday I'll be happy as it will mean Im well and truly in the 13's on both our scales so I neednt feel despondant any longer. I can go down towards the 12's and my goal of 11 stone hopefully by Christmas.
I do my measurements tomorrow morning (every 2 months) but I know the inches are coming off as I bought a size 14 monsoon dress yesterday. Quite by accident actually. I thought it was a 16 when I tried it on as thats what I am in jeans etc. but it did fit really well. Im still more 16 than 14 but definately getting there. Ive not been a 14/16 since my 20 year old was 1 , which is both sad and exhilarating at the same time.

Well I feel very motiated today. I think I'll make everyone pizza for tea today, Which wont be good for me but I have a Pizza hut Pizzetta in the freezer for such moments.

Ihope you all have a wonderful weekend and dont lose the plot too much

How much were the all singing and dancing scales if you don't mins me asking..

And well done onthe loss... and good luck with the Dr weigh in

They were salter MiBody analyser scales 9119. They cost £40 on eBay and I have to say they are brilliant . A little fiddly to set up but great once you have

They sound really cool.... might see if the funds can be found after hols!

My son has started a 90 day very intensive fitness programme called P90X. It's very expensive but seems to be very well thought out . It comes with a 3 phase nutrition programme too which is very sound . I've done the food shopping and as I only cook one meal for everyone we are all eating more or less this way for 90 days :) its going to be an interesting experiment.
What is interesting is that my son who used to eat everything as a child and now doesn't is suddenly eating things like mushroom omelettes because the book says he should!!! Why didn't I write a recipe book years ago???

Sounds interesting will have to google it. Good luck with your meals :)

Mmm phase 1 sounds interesting, will be interesting to see what results you get., from following just the diet plan - I am assuming here that you are not doing the exercise plan?? Altho I could be wrong :)

Oh you're not wrong mb :) I may watch him do the DVD but believe me I'm not up for that kind of torture. He says it's hard and he's a sports coach and personal trainer so there's not a cat in hells chance of me being that stupid

The food is good and essentially the sort of meals that I've been feeding him for years. He's just now not refusing anything that he supposedly doesn't like he just eats it

toofatkat said:
The food is good and essentially the sort of meals that I've been feeding him for years. He's just now not refusing anything that he supposedly doesn't like he just eats it

That's so funny! Are you reminding him of that fact??

No not yet :) my daughter has realised. Hubby says I've got to stay quiet for a whole, I'm not allowed to gloat :) but I want too :)

Well I've had a great week. Our doctors surgery have 12 electric bikes they loan out to patients who they think would benefit from using one. You get it for two weeks. The first week I didn't get to use it die to the amount of rain we had but this week I was actually at home during periods of sunshine :)
I was dubious at first as with my knackered knee I've not been able to ride a bike for years but omg! It's amazing! I love it! My knee doesn't hurt as the bike does the hard work yet your muscles still work out. I know theres a few like me on here with joint problems but if you ever get chance to try one go for it its brilliant
My knee has been so good that I'm going to borrow lexies normal bike for a few weeks to see if I can ride a normal one now I've lost weight. I know I won't be able to do the same distances but should hopefully still be able to ride further than I can walk before I get problems with my knees

Back