Took the leap from SW to WW! Newbie alert!!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
I posted here a few days ago asking people their experiences with WW and compared to SW etc. Firstly, thanks to those kind ladies for giving me the time and some great advice! All I knew was SW, so going from "syns" to "points" is often a slip of the tongue lol!

Anyway, went to a WW meeting and signed up - its the first full class I've ever been too (never stayed for the meetings at SW) and it was very enjoyable. Planned my 26pp today and I can eat the same things that I would have eaten anyway :) I am very excited for this diet. I am hoping that by sticking to it rigourously I can achieve a healthy 1-2lb a week. And maybe lose nearly a stone in 8 weeks (okay maybe a bit optimistic but would be nice as that is when my OHs birthday is AND our anniversary and I have a dress I have not worn for 1.5years from being too fat lol).

Basically, little about me: I am 22, a trainee teacher (so at Uni 9-5, mon-fri, lots of travelling, no social life lol) and have battled with my weight for years. At 5'3 I weigh 11st 4lbs and need to lose 1st 4lbs in order to get into a healthy BMI. This would be amazing for me as the lowest I've been in years is about 10st 7lbs (when i was in the skinny dress lol). Ideally I would like to weigh about 9st 7lbs BUT... lets have little goals to begin with - this is my 5% (to get to 10st 10lbs). Wish me luck lol!

So guess I'm just saying "hi" :D and I look forward to my journey ahead!

If anyone has any tips, advice, or even some warnings (to avoid scary surprises) then do not hesitate to reply or message me :) xx

Good luck!
My mum done ww for abit but she prefers sw and she was always saying that 8 syns etc ... No its points mum!

Hi Bugsbunny

I joined last night too, never done Weight Watchers before so I'm interested to see how it works out. So far today I have eaten what I normally do but I'm going to buy a sandwhich for lunch which is something I couldn't really do when I was on slimming world ( which I was doing on and off for about 5 years ( never actually got there)

So here is to a great first week, x

Hello! I have done both ww and sw and I tend to lose more on ww. It's fairly easyand I like the fact that I can have anything if I point it.

Let us know how you get on xxx

Best of luck, i too was a sw'er. if your doing a diary i will follow :)

xx

Welcome on board Bugs hope WW works out for you, take a good look around the WW forum there are loads of threads that will really help you (food diaries, recipes, surprising and shocking finds is a brilliant starting point). Have you started a food diary yet? I'll go and look, thats always good so you can keep on track and people can comment.

Good luck x

I started doing slimming world when pregnant, on the advice of my consultant. I like slimming world a lot but I struggle with it. My problem has always been that I don't actually like eating or feel hungry very often so the eat until you are full isn't really helping me as much as it should because I am still kind of getting away with just eating loads of fruit and vegetables and not enough of the "free" foods. I went to a weight watchers meeting last week because I knew I wasn't eating enough and wanted some idea of the portion size I was supposed to be eating. I can't quite bring myself to walk away from the friends I have made at slimming world meetings so I bought a monthly pass for weight watchers and I am continuing to go to slimming world too. I will decide which I prefer at the end of the month. It's been an eye opener to see how little I was bothering to eat before. I get 39 points a day and I struggle to eat the minimum of 26 let alone the 49 weeklies and the points I earn for exercise but getting better at it.

Hi bugs!

You sound just like me back in April :) I am 5ft 3.5 and weighed 11st 5lbs and after an unsuccessful few months on sw I came onto ww and haven't looked back! It took me a couple of months to lose my first stone but I LOVE the diet, I love everything about it & when I got down to 10st 3 I felt SO good about myself :).

It's easy to follow, you can eat what you like as long as you plan ahead (so for eg I would have a subway sandwich and Doritos with my work colleagues at lunch for 16pp because I'd had a banana and soya milk (1pp) for breakfast and was having homemade prawn curry with a little rice for dinner, 9pp) and for me it has taught me healthy habits and has stopped me thinking of foods as 'good and bad' now food is food but I should eat less of the high points stuff and more of the low!

I did fall off the diet wagon In November due to a holiday in New York and then some busy weeks around Christmas but it was silly because ww is so easy to follow I should have got back on it abit quicker!

If you have any questions just shout, there is always someone here to help. But good luck! :) x x

Heya, you sound like me when I joined :) I'm 5 foot 3/3.5 and started ww on 11st 5.5 (awkward measurements of what?!) and my weight has slowly crept up. I'm now 10st 3 (yey!) an I'm aiming to be 9st. Good luck we're here if you need any help!! :)

I started doing slimming world when pregnant, on the advice of my consultant. I like slimming world a lot but I struggle with it. My problem has always been that I don't actually like eating or feel hungry very often so the eat until you are full isn't really helping me as much as it should because I am still kind of getting away with just eating loads of fruit and vegetables and not enough of the "free" foods. I went to a weight watchers meeting last week because I knew I wasn't eating enough and wanted some idea of the portion size I was supposed to be eating. I can't quite bring myself to walk away from the friends I have made at slimming world meetings so I bought a monthly pass for weight watchers and I am continuing to go to slimming world too. I will decide which I prefer at the end of the month. It's been an eye opener to see how little I was bothering to eat before. I get 39 points a day and I struggle to eat the minimum of 26 let alone the 49 weeklies and the points I earn for exercise but getting better at it.

I think there are some things you can do that will increase the points you eat during the day rather than having to increase the actual amount of food that you eat if that makes sense? IE full fat milk instead of skimmed, full fat cheese instead of half fat, higher pointed bread (eg seeded batch - still quite healthy but more points because of the seeds) instead of alpen light bars go for the regular bars etc

Nixy - ooh best of luck, we can be newbies together lol!

Indie babe - well first of all :eek: new York? I don't know how you wouldn't have gained weight lol! Hope you had a great time though!!

And everyone else (sorry doing this on the phone so can't remember the names!) thanks for a warm welcome. Not started a WW food diary yet but I will and will post the link - be good to make sure I'm doing the right things.

And yes I still keep calling them "syns" Grr lol xxx

Back