Top Tips for Newbies

Brill tips - especially about heating the shakes up. That's what I'm going to do from now on - they fill you up so much more when they're warm!

Thank you xxxx

EllieBear said:
Thanks for all the tips, ive started S&S today and am trying the sample pack this week.
Ellie x

That really confused me, as there is a long term forum member called Ellebear, and she's pregnant, so was just about to message her to say Noooooo! Lol!
Good luck x

Thanks for all the tips everyone- really helping me during my first week! When I'm at home I've really found a smoothie mixer helpful as it blends the shakes very well. x

Thought I'd mention what has saved me this past couple of weeks - I pour my shakes into ice lolly moulds and have the equivalent of one sachet (3/4 lollies depending on how tasty I want them and how much water I add) throughout the day. It feels like a snack or something and I love it. The banana is the best, I think :D

Thought I'd mention what has saved me this past couple of weeks - I pour my shakes into ice lolly moulds and have the equivalent of one sachet (3/4 lollies depending on how tasty I want them and how much water I add) throughout the day. It feels like a snack or something and I love it. The banana is the best, I think :D

What a brilliant idea!!!! X

Might have to try that !!

Thought it might be helpful to list things that we have found useful to is in our first days and weeks for other newbies to see. Doesn't have to be one thing. For me it's:-

-use a small bowl and teaspoon to eat your food from, sort of tricks your mind into thinking you're eating more
-try to think of foods that used to trigger you to eat more, and don't have them in the house (your family will survive)
-use your imagination when eating (of course it's that Indian you wanted) it's been proven it can help to improve our perception of taste
-when you're thinking of going off plan, try to remember why you're doing this and visualise how you will look when you get to your goal
-I find it helpful to use sticky notes of encouragement in my kitchen (on the fridge, wherever temptation might strike)

Anyway, add your own coping mechanisms, hints, tips, tricks etc

Jess. Xx

Similar things help me but will list them anyway LOL

I try to enjoy and make meals presentable, I have small clear bowls, my own wine glass for shakes, a nice tumbler. It really helps, I drink my shakes and water from a wine glass

Being prepared - I pack my work packs each night and any veg I want. Take a tuppaware with cucumber, spinach, mushrooms etc

Keeping busy and focused on a non food persuit. For me its the gym & walking. It could be crafting, knitting etc. Having a little project helps

I don't go anywhere without my litre sports bottle. Helps when temptation strikes, and a spare bar in desk drawer/bag for emergency LOL.

Those are the main things for me Xx

Just realised there is a sticky for this sort of thing but come on, let's do a more condensed version here. I'm sure somebody must have something new to contribute! :)

RebekahR said:
Similar things help me but will list them anyway LOL

I try to enjoy and make meals presentable, I have small clear bowls, my own wine glass for shakes, a nice tumbler. It really helps, I drink my shakes and water from a wine glass

Being prepared - I pack my work packs each night and any veg I want. Take a tuppaware with cucumber, spinach, mushrooms etc

Keeping busy and focused on a non food persuit. For me its the gym & walking. It could be crafting, knitting etc. Having a little project helps

I don't go anywhere without my litre sports bottle. Helps when temptation strikes, and a spare bar in desk drawer/bag for emergency LOL.

Those are the main things for me Xx

Being prepared and staying busy are two of my biggest ones too. My house has never been so clean and I think my son thinks this is great as I've never taken him to the park so many times in one week!

Thanks girls,great tips,ordering my first s&s on monday,excited but kind of worried too,got all sorts going through my head lol.

weightless1012 said:
Thanks girls,great tips,ordering my first s&s on monday,excited but kind of worried too,got all sorts going through my head lol.

Hey these are great tips. Weighless cant wait for your packs to arrive. Got through day 1 go me LOL like you I'm still feel nervous. Will you be starting a diary. It's helped me so much today. We can do this!!' as the saying goes. Nothing tastes as slim feels. :)

If you can use the mfp app it really helps to keep track of everything

Pippin27 said:
If you can use the mfp app it really helps to keep track of everything

That's a good idea, are the packs on there or do you have to log the calories? I think it would help me stay on track

1. Take pics of yourself before your journey and keep taking pics every week... Because even if you cant see results in mirror the camera doesn't lie! You will see your shape changing and its a massive boost.

2. When having weak moments look at those pics or your start pics, remember why you started this and why you want to lose weight.

3. Distract yourself and keep busy, read, baths, early nights, clean, phone calls etc...

4. You'll find you spent so much of your time thinking about or eating food take this time to pamper yourself. I have started having hot bubble baths, hair treatments, manicures pedicures.

5. This might sound extreme but I sold all my clothes on ebay bar a few items, this way I cant fit into the 'baggy' or 'comfy' option and I have to lose that weight. I never wanted to see a size 16 again and I haven't since I started this.

6. Green tea is full of anti oxidants and fat burning properties incorporate this into your diet

7. If you love lattes/ coffee mix your vanilla/caramel or hazelnut shakes with 200 ml of water add to coffee and water tastes sooooooooo good!!! :)

8. Sounds obvious but use this site any time you feel like you want to give in! Everyone is supportive and understands!

Thats all I can think of for now lol xx

My tip would be not to give up! It's too easy to just give in... But the harder you work at it the harder it is to give up after all the effort and money you spend on the diet.

Think VERY hard before you eat anything. Is it really worth it...? You know you're only going to feel bad afterwards and will be dreading weigh day, then be disappointed if you don't lose.

Plan your days. If it's not possible to stick to plan then for damage limitation choose something healthy rather than delving into the naughty stuff. If you forget your pack for work, get a chicken salad from a shop or cafe.

Buy the sample pack, don't go by what you like off diet. I don't like mushroom pasta and love chocolate milkshakes but with slim and save it is the other way round!

Pheonix2010 said:
- Make the red fruits shake up with half the amount of water and freeze , makes a lovely sorbet type frozen desert

Hi how long do you keep it in the freezer for? Sounds lovely.

Back