Top Tips

Once you start the tabs, remember that it's going to be more than being aware of your fat intake, in order for you to be successful with Xenical, you need to be almost meticulous about your fat intake. I would seriously recommend you starting a food diary, either here, or even a notebook that you keep with you. Record everything that you eat, and the fat content of it all. While on the tabs, everything you eat should be less than 5% fat ( that is 5g of Total Fat content per 100g of food product) and that each meal should come to no more than 15g of fat per meal. Get yourself used to reading labels lol It can be a real eye opener too.
Remember that even though foods like Salmon ( and other oily fish) are good for us ( the oils are heart healthy oils like Omega 3 and 6), Xenical does not differentiate between these good heart healthy oils and bad saturated fats. As far as Xenical is concerned fat is fat and it will eliminate it from your body :eek:
Eggs are another food to be wary about, eggs are roughly 11% fat, and some people can have them with no side effects, and some can't. Personally I only use the egg white ( never actually tried a while egg while on Xenical though lol), as the white is fat free.
Side effects can effect everyone differently. For example I can have snackajacks ( depending on flavour can be up to 9% fat) and have no side effects. Some one else might have a side effect pretty quickly, some one else might get a side effect 2 days later. The tabs never enter your blood stream, they stay in your digestive system, and can be in your system for up to 72 hours. So if you've ever got say a really important family occasion, and you wont be able to make good food choices, don't stop the tablets that day, give yourself at least a couple of days before and after.
Good luck, keep posting here and we'll all support and help you.
x

Some great advice there from Ali.:)

have you read the sticky information? start there a everything plus more is in that thread and its explained really well.

A food diary is a invaluable tool,either here or a notebook or maybe use a blog or my fitness pal.

exercise is key to all weightloss so think about that,and up your water intake :D

good luck!

whats a sticky tab? stupid me x

thanks x

Back