Toria's Secret Diary

Toria

Hi there and good evening everyone!

This is my first post on this forum :sign0144: ....I've been lurking for a couple of weeks or so reading up on the Cambridge diet and marvelling at all of the great success stories. A lot of the posts on here have been so inspirational - well done to so many of you.

I finally got my backside into gear this week, found a counsellor and got my first week's supply. I figured I'd post my ramblings on here in an effort to keep me focused :)

I want to loose at least 8 stone...today has been my Day 1.

It's all going great so far - apart from the many many trips to bathroom (does your body every get used to the extra water intake I wonder??).

Only my immediate family at home know that I'm doing this diet. I can't bring myself to tell anybody at work or any of my friends for some odd reason. I think over the past couple of years they've seen me start and fail so many different diets. Each time I've announced to all and sundry that I'm 'on a diet!' - but this time I feel differently - quietly determined perhaps. It feels so much more personal this time.

I want to do the sole source thing but at the moment I'm waiting for my GP to sign off the form, so I've been started at stage 4, so 1200 cals. It's odd (and probably sounds really ungrateful too!) but I'd almost prefer to have no food at all and just the sole source - does that make sense?

Still. 8 stone. It seems like such an impossible task!

Time for bed. I made it through today, fingers-crossed for tomorrow.

Toria xxx

welcome :) and good luck!

i know what you mean about not telling one - i've actually been avoiding my inlaws the past month so as to 1) not have to explain why i can't eat with them and 2) not suffer the litany of abuse and judgey-wudgeyness they'd reign down on me. Plus i secretly want to go 'oh really? you think i've lost weight? i guess so...i've not done anything differently' bwahah. but i digress. GO YOU! good for doing the hard bit i.e getting in gear. onwards and downwards as they say!

hi, welcome to the forum and to CD .. it really is a great plan and those 8 stone will melt away before you know it !! Some people find not telling anyone the best way to go , others are the opposite . I told EVERYONE when I first started , and for me it was great motivation as I didnt want to look stupid or a failure , but you have to do whats best for you :)
have you seen your GP about it yet ? I am sure you will get started on SS soon .. I must admit I find it much easier than the higher plans .. easyier to go cold turkey to start !!
When I started my journey back in november I had 8 stone to loose too .. it seems impossible , but believe me it flies off you and the time flies by ... lost 6 stone and have just come back after a 3 month break ( after 5 months on SS my body just decided it needed a break ) , and \i am on day 2 of restart to get the last 2 stone off :)

I wish you loads of luck and hope you are soon on track to loose the weight .. it sooo can be done , if I can do it .. anyone can :)

Hello and welcome! I told everyone as well - again, to motivate me and to make sure that I beat those who said it wouldn't last! Personally I think the SS is much easier to start on - if I had the choice of eating then I would probably eat the wrong things still! But it is a personal choice. Im in my second week of SS and its going well. This forum is so supportive and it is so good to be on - everyone is lovely and its great to think that we are all helping each other. I wish you all the best and do keep posting and we will help you along! Good luckx

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are some amazing people on here and they are really supportive.
I'm sure once you see the weight come off you will want to shout it from the rooftops!
Good luck!:welcome:
Tess

hi toria,

welcome to the forum :D! Im in week 2 of ss and find this site a huge help, seeing so many success stories is so encouraging, the only people who know im on this diet is my fella and close family who all support me, but its stil great to come on here where I can talk to and read about people who are going thru the same thing! hope you've had a good day 2!!!xx

Hi Toria!!

Welcome!! My journey is kinda similar to yours. I initially want to loose 6 stone, but eventually would like to loose about 8. I've been doing the diet for 23 days now (i think) and can honestly say its the best diet i've ever done. I find it easier to have all your meals organized for me rather than having to think about what i'm going to eat. I tend to get a bit obsessed if i have to give the diet a lot of thought :/
And the results are AMAZING!!! I would have never believed i could have lost 2lbs shy of 2 stone in just 3 weeks, and I did have a blip and the weekend (got VERY drunk) and as a result only lost 4lbs.... See, what other diet do u moan that u only loose 4 lbs :D
Anyway, I hope it goe
s really well for you, and look forward to seeing u around. xx

Good luck. xxx

Wow! What a friendly welcome :D

Thank you puddingtoast, determinator, Cookie77, Tessieg1, natlou & Spolly for cheering me on. I need all the encouragement I can get, trust me!

Well, I've made it through my second day without too much trauma - although to be honest I won't feel like I'm really 'doing it proper' until I can get on to sole source. I'm seeing my GP next Tuesday, which will also be my first weigh-in day, so I'm hoping he'll just sign the form so that I can crack on.

A bit like Spolly's comment above, one of the things I'm really looking forward to about sole source is not having to think or plan too much what diet food to have - the hardest choice is going to be which sachet to pick.

I used to do Slimming World a fair bit as I found that pretty easy as there was little or no weighing of food (I hate that bit!) but as soon as I'm on a diet I'm thinking all the time about it. Not so much missing the food that I can't have, all the treats, etc...but having to make sure I've always got in stock the right types of food. I'd panic if there wasn't always something available that I could eat without ruining everything.

Today I had the apple and cinnamon porridge for brekkie which was quite nice, and then later for dinner I had the spicy tomato soup which I made with the hand blender to make sure there were no lumps. I think I must've done something a bit wrong with the soup though as it ended up like a pint of beer with an inch of froth on the top!! And the smell! Phueweee. Determined to push on I confess I held my nose and chucked it down. Guess that one just isn't for me!

Oh before I forget, I do have a quick question about the ketosis thing - does this only occur when you are on sole source or can it happen on any of the other higher calorie plans?

Anyway I must shut up now, it's late and I should be sleeping - thanks once again to all of you xxx

Toria

I made it through today - fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

HI and well done making it through day 2 :) How are you finding 1200 ? I have never looked at that plan so not sure what it involves .

Ketosis - the 1200 is not a ketotic plan , it is quite individual , SS and SS+ are both ketotic and most people will be in ketosis on 810 , but some people arent . Any thing abve that you will not be in ketosis but can still loose weight well , as its not just ketosis that burns the fat .. having less than 2000 calories per day will also make you loose weight :)
Keep up the good work and I hope your GP gets your form signed soon :)

Hey! With regard to the tomato soup, i found that too. I liked the taste of the soup itself, but the froth on top tasted really funky so personally, i've left that one out of my choices.
Hope day three is as good as the last two. xx

Well done! It gets easier! Well done also for the porridge - it was the first meal I had on SS and thought it was grim! BUT I think I made it wrong! Oh well! Good luck for the weekend!x

Hi again,

I got through day 3 and am almost through day 4...this diet is going well :D.

My GP appointment can't come round quick enough (roll on Tuesday!) so looking forward to being able to SS. I'm considering this week as a good time to try out the different flavours of the shakes and soups etc.

So far I haven't found a shake that I don't like, which is good. I'm trying with the soups but only the vegetable so far is doing it for me. I read on another post somebody saying all the soups etc start off revolting but then you quite get to like them, so I'm hoping that'll happen to me. Until then though I think I'll give the tomato and chicken & vegetable a miss!

I wonder if I've lost any weight? I don't own a set of scales and am trying to resist the temptation to buy some.

Everyone else at home here is having fish and chips tonight (grrr). I'm now off to prepare my 370kcal meal and not steal any chips!

Toria xxx

Hiya, you're doing really well! I'm sure you would've lost some weight. I sometimes wish I didn't have the temptation of my scales. It will make it more of a surprise when you do see your CDC. ;)
Have a good evening. :D

glad to see your havin a good week :)!! your right to resist buying a scales, I cant walk past the one at home without getting on it!!! I melt my own head so much im considering asking my OH to hide the batteries on me :)! Hope day 5 breezes by for you, and good luck for your gp app on tuesday.x

Hi again,

Day 5 down! Day 6 almost over.....it's WEIGH IN day tomorrow and I'm keen to find out if I've lost any weight. I'm doing the 1200 and have probably come in under that most days but still, hoping for something good tomorrow.

Talking of tomorrow, I've got the dreaded GP appointment in the morning, so am hopeful he'll sign the form and then it's straight onto that SS (fingers-crossed) :D

I went in to the doctor's reception last week with the form for signing and explained it wasn't a consent form or medical etc, it's just to confirm that I have supplied the correct medical information. They 'ummmed and ahhhed' over it, studying in great detail and decided I couldn't leave the form with them, but that I'd have to make an appointment to see a doctor first ("we don't want you dropping dead on this diet, do we???" :eek: - I kid you not!) Frustrating, but hey ho, what can you do?

So then this morning I get a phone call from the surgery, they want to know what the form is that I'm seeing the GP for tomorrow. I explain again and the lady said, quite grumpily, "well you don't need an appointment for THAT, you just leave it at reception". Surprised, I pointed out that's what I'd tried to do but was told I HAD to see a GP, at which point the lady admits perhaps she told me the wrong thing last time, but then said, still grumpy, "well next time, don't book an appointment, ok? And there'll probably be a charge too".

Oh well, that's me told! :rolleyes:

If I can start SS after my weigh in tomorrow I'll be so pleased and feel like I'm doing this 'properly'. Can't wait to get cracking and shift this weight.

My darling OH and I were arguing this evening and he said "well you've never been able to stick to any diet YET!" (he hates me being big). Grr. :mad: If that isn't incentive to prove him wrong, I don't know what is.

Not that I'm doing it for him mind you - I'm fed up with being this way, feeling like a second-class citizen, both at work and at home. I have back problems, knee problems, everything else problems and with a bit of luck I'm hoping that I can shed a load of the problems when (if) the pounds disappear.

Anyway, enough whinging :D Time to go get some sleep!

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I can honestly say if I hadn't stumbled across this forum while researching diets, I'd probably never have gotten started.

It's great to feel that I'm not doing this alone :thankyou:

Toria xxx

Hey Toria!!
Well done you for getting through the 1st week. You must be very pleased with yourself :)

Dr's can be very strange with the whole diet thing.... Yet they are the first ones to moan at you when your BMI is over what they think it should be. I had a Dr once who blamed my weight every time i went in, even once for an ear infection!!!! Needless to say, i binned him and now have a wonderful and very supportive DR :D

With regard to your OH. Maybe you should explain to him that you will have a much higher chance of succeeding on the diet if he was a bit more encouraging and supportive to you. Also, you can have the last laugh when your all slim and he's getting frustrated with all the male attention your getting ;)

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. xxxxx

Woohoo! - My GP signed the form, I'm so pleased :D:D:D

SS here I come - I've got my first weigh-in tonight and will be able to pick up all of my supplies for next week's proper full-on diet offensive :party0011:

Bring it on!

Toria xxx

Woop woop! 7lbs!!

I'm so happy AND I get to start SS from tomorrow :D:D:D

Yay! :party0049:

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support!

Toria xxx

Back