Total honesty please!!

jules75

Big wave to u all!!!

Right so this is day 4 for me,, my sticks are a lovely shade of pink so why am i hungry???? Ive drank enough water to sink the titanic so it can't be that. oes anyone else ever feel like ths??

have you drunk any coke zero or chewed gum somtimes these are the culprits,

Hi,
I'm on day 15, and I still feel hungry! Had 2 small blips at day 8 and 13, but still in ketosis, and I am often hungry to the point that my stomach actually growls. I just drink through it and hope it goes, which it invariably does.
Maybe if I can manage another week without cheating, this will settle down.
Keep going Hun, it will be worth it.
Xx

Nope aint had gum or drank anything other than plain water and black coffee!! Im amazed that for some lucky folk the hunger seems to dissapear,, not me im afraid. This is my restart having initially done the diet about two years ago, I lost 2st 8lbs, a stone and a half of that has gone back on, my own fault for not following the steps correctly! I can't remember feeling this hungry before :-(

Strenuous exercise - have you been doing any? I find even a long walk can leave me ravenous. :)

The thing is, you ARE hungry. Ketosis does a good job of masking hunger symptoms for many people, but the truth of the matter is that on SS, you're not taking in many calories - of course you're hungry. :)

It comes and goes, I find. Some of it is what the experts call 'head hunger', the desire to eat because of a specific trigger because for example, it's Saturday night and usually on a Saturday you'd have a takeaway. Something just feels 'wrong' when you try to break a habit like that, at least in the first few weeks.

Weekends are also the hardest on this diet, I think. Weekend routines are often completely different to weekday routines, with more free time in which to contemplate. You notice the empty hours more!

is it acctual hunger or head hunger?

stomach rumbles i can usually solve with more water or having my shake but my head tries to convince me that im really really hungry and should have something to eat.

Are you on the bars I have found that I have been hungrier on the days I have them (they do have increased carbs) I am thinking of not having them anymore. Distract yourself from the huger so that you stay 100% or do ss+.

Im not really sure what the heck it is,, I find i'm fine during the day, its mostly at nights when I could actually cry!!!! What a wuss i am. I try to have my last pack as late as possible though so that I dont cave in, I'm determined not to. I havent done any exercise at all Lilly, I;m saving that till week two and then I'll start!!!

Nope no bars!!! I was contemplating doing ss+ however I have a family wedding in 3 weeks time and wanted to shift as much weight as possible before then!!

I think it's a bit psychological - I get worked up too sometimes when I can't eat and think I'm hungry but in actual fact I'm probably not!! Stuff like making jelly or ice lollies out of water flavourings (when you're allowed them) can make it a bit better by keeping your mouth busy!

Do you have a physical job or run round after kids? I'm far more hungry after a day at work than I am on a weekend of not really doing much. I don't know, I guess I've just learned to lice with it, I know my body is getting what it needs from the packs and the fat on my bum so I tend to just ignore them or quieten them with water.

One thing to be aware of though, is that fizzy water creates rumblings like you'd never believe!!!

Oh there u go then!!! I drink 2 litres of fizzy water a day at least!!! It doesn't help that I live near an indian take away and each night the smell from there drives me bonkers!!!!!!

jules75 said:
Oh there u go then!!! I drink 2 litres of fizzy water a day at least!!! It doesn't help that I live near an indian take away and each night the smell from there drives me bonkers!!!!!!

It plagued me for weeks until I was sitting quietly one day, no rumbles, nothing and no sooner had I had a couple of mouthfuls of fizzy water, the gurgling and rumbling started, with hunger pains the lot. I try to limit my fizz now unless I want a change. Glad we got to the bottom of it for you :D

PS There's a chemical factory near me and if the wind blows in the right direction it smells of marmite on toast, so I feel your pain.

Day 4 for me and I'm feeling sick let alone hungry! I'll get there though.

try making jelly with gelatine and the fruit flavouring

There's a chemical factory near me and if the wind blows in the right direction it smells of marmite on toast, so I feel your pain.

hahaahha!

Back