Total Solution total solution and citalapram

nikkii63

I on day 4 of total solution, i alternate each day with 10mg citalopram and 20mg, i know i am in ketosis, i'm not hungry but feel very cold but have this real weird spaced out feeling when i cant concentrate and my head feels like its full of cotton wool, does this have anything to do with absorption of the citalopram when only consuming 600 cals per day? has anyone else feel like this and how long does this feeling like? I dont like it :(

Hello - I take citalopram too, 20mg. my doc said vlcd was fine to do. The fuzzy head is likely to be carb withdrawal/on set of ketosis

Stick with it - you are over the worst, you'll feel so much better in the next day or two

Good luck!

I do feel better now thank god! had a real wobble Sun eve and felt awful.... much better now, full of energy again and no cotton wool head, thanks for your help!!:D

Thats good news!

I'm on day 10 - still a bit tired, but not missing food at all which I'm pleased about

Keep up the good work x

This is good to know as I've been on citalopram for around 10 months. Awful symptoms including feeling really spaced out when first taking them but died down after 3 weeks. Only on 10mg per day and have managed to cut it back gradually so now only take 10mg every 3 days so hoping to be off them soon! I'll watch out for the side effects just in case.

well done u, i'm trying to cut my dose down which as i said is currently 20mg one day and 10mg the next but i think i am ready to try and cut down further now to 20 10 10 20 so i'm gonna give that a go and see how i feel, been on them ages and now i'm feeling positive about my weight loss i am sure i can do it, you should be off in no time if you are on such a low dose each 3 days but if you feel the need stay on, no shame in it x

Thanks nikkii63. It was difficult coming down to every other day but I managed that ok. Then when I thought I was doing ok I cut it down it 10mg every 3 days. Big mistake. Bam the anxiety and depression came back big time. So took one every day for 5 days - felt normal again and after that cut it back to every other day again. Going along well and thought I'd try again - once again within 5 days didn't do well and although not as bad as the first time trying every 3 days, it wasn't good. So back to every other day. Have now managed on the 3rd attempt to sustain at every 3 days and it's been either 2 or 3 weeks now so thats positive. Still get a little anxious every now and then but nothing major.

So it's really not easy cutting down even on the smallest dose you can get! I'm hoping this is positive momentum (although I have put on 3 stone since starting them from not watching what I eat and just bascially concentrating on getting myself better mentally first.) Now I'm nearly there it's time to tackle the weight again hence why I'm starting Exante - need something to get me out of the bad habits I've got recently. And we're moving house in a few weeks so it's all stressful. We've had the most awful year so far - nearly lost his youngest daughter - in & out of hospital for past 6 months, my Dad had a stoke a week later, we lost his Dad just 3 weeks ago and now we find out tomorrow if he's still got a job or not. So if I can get through all that and cut down on the meds then I'm pleased with myself and the progress made as that would have sent me over the edge last year.

If you wanna chat at any time just let me know.
xx

Thanks, will def chat, I'll tell u a little about me when I get a mo, got hands full with grandson at the mo x

Day 5 for me, i am on 40mg citalapram a day after a few hard days i seem fine now.[h=1][/h]

Bless u, glad yr doing ok, I'm day 11 not that I'm counting lol! A third of way thro the month thank god, I don't feel hungry or anything just boredom of the diet I think, been planning stuff to look forward to, shopping trip next sat :) going to see my best friend in Wales in couple weeks just things to focus on.

Back