Totally addicted to super speed soup.........

JBJLOVER

Made some last week, loved it........making me second batch.......iccle different added broth mix to this one.......smells divine :eating:

my recipe
1 tin baked beans
1 tin tesco mixed bean salad
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 bag of soup broth
bag of chopped veg for soup
3 beef stock cubes
5 cloves of garlic chopped
4 bay leaves
2 tblsp mixed herbs

soak broth mixture overnite
bung everything into stew pot, give a good stir and cover mixture with boiling water, stir again and bring to boil. Simmer for @ 1 hr........voila :greenapple:

At least you have your recipe :doh:

I made a lovely soup on Sunday using a couple of bags of carrot batons (reduced shelf in Asda) and apart from onion, chick peas, pasata & a veg stock pot, I haven't got a clue what herbs and spices I put in - and it turned out flippin lush. Will I never learn, this is the 2nd time I've created a masterpiece and can't replicate it :banghead:

At least you have your recipe :doh:

I made a lovely soup on Sunday using a couple of bags of carrot batons (reduced shelf in Asda) and apart from onion, chick peas, pasata & a veg stock pot, I haven't got a clue what herbs and spices I put in - and it turned out flippin lush. Will I never learn, this is the 2nd time I've created a masterpiece and can't replicate it :banghead:

I really feel your pain- I have a habit of throwing herbs and spices in straight from the jar as I cook. I've made some great food this way but one or two really great meals I've not been able to recreate cos I don't measure. You think we'd learn, wouldn't you?? lol

Eeee these posts made me laugh. I made something from the take away booklet we had the magazine before last and I cant find it anywhere now. Blaming hubby he may have thrown it!

Eeee these posts made me laugh. I made something from the take away booklet we had the magazine before last and I cant find it anywhere now. Blaming hubby he may have thrown it!

Ooh, ooh, ooh - I've got it! .give me a shout if you'd like any of the recipes :p

hollys nan said:

If you really, really want it, I saw the last mag. in Tescos earlier today, they haven't stocked the new one yet - you may find one if you take a peek pretty soon

I'm the same - very much a chuck it all in with herbs and spices and see what happens :)

It was the recipe for spicy chicken legs with garlic salt. I made it before, but could not eat it because it was far too salty but enjoyed the spiceyness. Think there may well be a misprint on the garlic salt as a few of our members said the same thing. Would like to make it again though minus the garlic salt. Anyone got the recipe pretty please? :)

I have it, it's

6tbsp dark soy sauce
4tbsp white wine vinegar
2tbsp paprika
2tbsp garlic salt (I use only 1)
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground ginger

I've made this about 4 times now as its so yummy. They use 8 drumsticks in the recipe. It works with bit size breast pieces too. I'm having it on Sunday again, lol.

Youch - 2 tablespoons of Garlic Salt :eek: . . . . . could be 2 teaspoons perhaps :confused:

8 skinless drumsticks
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp turmeric
6 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic salt
2 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp white wine vinegar

1. Cut a few slashes into each drumstick.
2. Mix all above together, pour over drumsticks & leave to marinate in fridge for 6-8 hrs.
3. Cook on baking paper lined tray on 200c (fan 180c ) or Gas 6 for 30-35 mins or until cooked through.

Assumed it's just the chicken you wanted - I can add the coleslaw too if you like.

Enjoy :D

I forgot the instructions though, doh!

It was ok with 1tbsp of the garlic salt. I had been using too but the last time I made it I thought I'd reduce it to the 1.

Aw thanks guys so much. Yes do we all agree then, there must be a misprint of the garlic salt? I may well have a word with my c on Monday, see what she thinks. I dont like salt much, neither does hubby, but others have said they thought it was wayyyy too salty. Many thanks for posting, best write it down before I lose it again. :)

Youch - 2 tablespoons of Garlic Salt :eek: . . . . . could be 2 teaspoons perhaps :confused:

8 skinless drumsticks
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp turmeric
6 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic salt
2 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp white wine vinegar

1. Cut a few slashes into each drumstick.
2. Mix all above together, pour over drumsticks & leave to marinate in fridge for 6-8 hrs.
3. Cook on baking paper lined tray on 200c (fan 180c ) or Gas 6 for 30-35 mins or until cooked through.

Assumed it's just the chicken you wanted - I can add the coleslaw too if you like.

Enjoy :D

Thanks so much, no the chicken one is just fine. The word "coleslaw" makes me heave ha ha :)

Back