Totally blew it last night - silly girl that I am!

laurawalker85

Well went out last night with all good intentions and as soon as I got in the restaurant that was it, the little devils voice was saying go on get the fried veal in breadcrumbs, Grrr! Ended up having deep fried calamari, veal fried in breadcrumbs with pasta and a bloody chocolate covered ice cream bomb thing! Oh and did I mention a bottle of wine. Why do I do this!!!!!

Draw a line under it hun, uve done amazing this week losing 3.5lbs!, maybe your body just needed a blow out, but the important thing is, its out of ur system now :D Start afresh today, 100% xxx

Yeah I am definately being good today especially seeing on the scales that I've put 4lbs on! How the hell that is possible in one day I don't know but I'm telling myself it's water retention as due totm Saturday but I know last night didn't help at all!!

DAMAGE LIMITATION!

Draw the line and think about it as controlled blip!

Well it's life and it's happening now and then.
In a grand scale it really is unimportant - the most significant thing is what will you do next!
If you put this behind and you'll be back on track - you are onto winning this battle. If you continue analysing, stressing over it you will only lose your energy needed to continue this journey.
So, FOCUS now and keep going!
We all been there! We are only humans xxx

Love
x

Minimimi!! Love your response! I'm totally looking forward I want to lose that extra six pounds for the stone by the end of this month so as you said stressing about it isn't going to get me there! Lol.

One question though.. Why is it when we binge you feel Sooooo hungry the next day!!! Lol xxx

I agree, stress is never good! Everyone has a blip, and the sooner you get back on your proverbial horse, the sooner you will look back and wonder why you worried - because you will have succeded.

The biggest strength you need to muster, is being able to draw that line now rather than tomorrow.. we all know that tomorrow never comes :p

One question though.. Why is it when we binge you feel Sooooo hungry the next day!!! Lol xxx

Been there only too often.
It's all down to your sugar levels in your blood stream...When you eat healthy: low carbs and no sugar - you stabilise your sugar levels which once achieved prevents from cravings. When you have a "blip" (and I assume no one has ever "blipped" on high GI food or vegetables!) we consume high sugar and simple carbs items which immediately shots our sugar through the roof. Obviously our bodies try to deal with it by releasing huge amount of insuline but...once it's being dealt with sugar level crash straigh down to the bottom...That's when you start experiencing cravings and hunger (and I mean unnatural and hard to control hunger!) And that can go around the circle over and over again.

But the be strong it will go away (promise). It usualy takes me three days to stop the cycle and entire eight days to brake my bad habits.
I am trying to maintain my sugar level stable which helps me control what I eat easier. However, when I do "let myself go!" I know the price I am paying: it is always more difficult for the next three days - first one being the worst.

x

Thanks for your support girls, I'm doing ok so far, planning my meals for the next fees days before Monday and hoping to get some pound off by then! Mothers day Sunday and also out for that so it's gonna be another test but I have looked at the menu and already have in mind what I'm gonna choose so should help with not over indulging. Worked out my weeklies and they have totally gone so it's just dailies for me until weigh in xx

Thank you soooo much for this thread!! I have been having a crazy few days. I had a blow out on tuesday and said I would get back on track on wednesday. No I didn't!!! Minimimi you post made so much sense about the sugar rusehes and the hunger, I have messed up my whole week by not recogniseing my hunger as a sugar slump. I continued on my food rampage from Tuesday until today! So I will just have to face the scales on monday:eek: and accept what has happened. Fresh start today;)

Good advice from minimini about the sugar rushes -
dont forget if your drinking alcohol it gets treated basically as a sugar in your body, so look at a glass of wine as a glass of sugar - it may just stop you from those midweek extra glasses at dinner when you've been working so hard.
You cant use the actual alcohol for fuel, so it gets converted to 'actetate.' this then gets used up BEfORE your fat stores, meaning that it can stall your weight loss for a few days after drinking alcohol - so if you're not seeing the results your after, and are still drinking, it might just be worth considering.

happy saturday everyone,
Jenni x

Wow, just you saying think of a glass of wine as a glass of sugar and the image just clicked!! I think i have been doing really well, but know that I will be somewhere on the weekend where I will be offered wine. I think i would probably have caved! but I wouldnt with anything frankly sweet. I have always known that alcohol is empty calories....but just imaging it as a glass of suger, well I hadnt thought of it that way. You've probably saved me from myself....phew. Wine in moderation will be back on the menu, only when I have got to goal.

many thanks

Good advice from minimini about the sugar rushes -
dont forget if your drinking alcohol it gets treated basically as a sugar in your body, so look at a glass of wine as a glass of sugar - it may just stop you from those midweek extra glasses at dinner when you've been working so hard.
You cant use the actual alcohol for fuel, so it gets converted to 'actetate.' this then gets used up BEfORE your fat stores, meaning that it can stall your weight loss for a few days after drinking alcohol - so if you're not seeing the results your after, and are still drinking, it might just be worth considering.

happy saturday everyone,
Jenni x

oooh thats interesting! Thanks for the tip... will really reconsider overdoing it when going to the pub now! x

Back