TOTALLY CHEESED RIGHT OFF....

I'd be delighted if i lost that much in a year! I know it's difficult to stay focused and keep the will power when you aren't losing what you had hoped. Slowly but surely you'll get there! try not to go down the road of giving up because you'll be more likely to gain the weight againn. Stay strong!!

I know how you feel, I have a tendancy to go off the rails when stressed. I am trying to find other ways of dealing with stress than eating!! lol I am trying to stay strong!! lol I shouldn't of quit smoking on the first of jan!!!!

Firstly have a look at the thread on the way people "accidently" cheat. really interesting reading and an eye opener.I thought I was 100% to plan until i read that and I've been doing SW for months. I have had months of only losing 1lb each month but i continue because i don't want to put weight on. The way i see it is that I am still a lot lighter than when i started last May. Any loss is good to me because had i not been following SW i would have probably put on at least 2lb per month. Keep going all the time you are losing something. xx

Hun, i appriciate you feel your putting in all this effort and not reaping the benifits, but that's so not the case. I feel like your vitally looking past the bigger picture here. So your not loosing your stone in a month .. there was a time when we all 'only' had a stone to lose. Then the majority, much like myself went past that point because we didnt recognise our problem. If i could have started sw and addressed my problem then, i wouldnt have spent a year trying to shift 4 and a half stone. You should be proud your doing somthing now, and with that in mind.. remember that aslong as your following sw, you wont ever have more than that to lose, but you will if you give up.
Healthy eating isnt just good for your body, but for your mind too.. i'm sure im not the only one who feels like crap when they overload thier bodys with crap. i feel much more stable and clear minded when i'v eaten healthily. Think you feel crap now? try it in a few weeks time when youv eaten so much it hurts and you feel bloated and heavy and your mind feels just as stuffy as your stomach does. Its not a good feeling!

Plus, we'v all been there. I joined the gym for one month. It cost me £40 quid, plus all my 'gym gear' i thought i needed. I went 3 times a week and sts every single week, can you imagine how peeved i was? but its about taking a good hard look at what works for you, a bit of trial and error and not giving up. It's about working hard at it, and knowing that it takes longer to get off, than it does to put on. Once i'd done that myself, i was soon back to losing my average of 1lb per week.

I'm currently just a few lbs over target, BUT for as many lbs i'v lost, is exactly, to the date i hit target.. just as many lbs lost as weeks attending sw.
1 lb a week, is everything. Dont beat yourself up over somthing thats not worth worrying about. you'l get there, if you stick too it.

xxxxxxxx

I can sympathise!! I've lost 1lb every week and this is a huge loss especially when you look at it over the year - i also firmly believe that this is a life plan not a 'quick fix' however i had high hopes of losing my 1st stone by the 20th March for my OH's sisters 30th and i know now thats very unlikely to happen. I wouldnt mind if i was 90% and losing a little, but i use to be 90% and average at 2lbs a week. Now im putting the extra effort in a losing 1lb a week.

I think i just had to realise that i with my thoughts of ONLY 3.5lbs gone (since joining group) people are really noticing my loss, i feel better, i look better and im heading in the right direction. I weigh and have my 5 minutes of 'humpf' and then look at what i can 'up' 2 weeks ago i uped my water (still 1lb loss) last week i uped my fibre (still 1lb loss) and this week in going to up my speedy / super speedy foods.

Its trial and error whilst you work out what works for you, as long as im losing whilst im working that out - im happy :)

xxx

Back