Puddings Totally 'Free' Carrot & Banana Cake :o)

smigget

Hi folks - I know there's been various recipes done with Weetabix and Scan Bread, but I experimented with a few ideas and came up with this one : :D

5 Scan Breads, soaked in water to soften
A mashed up banana
Sweetener
Mixed Spice
Vanilla Essence
Cooked and grated carrot (about 3-4 oz)
Couple of egg whites, whisked with a little sweetener
Sprinkle the cake with a little sweetener before baking

Just mix everything together, gradually folding in the egg whites afterwards - then line a loaf tin with parchment paper and spray with a little Fry Light - cook for about 20/25 mins on 190 degrees - it really does rise well and tastes great. I added a little toffee yoghurt with a piece, but of course you can add 'frosting' by mixing Quark with lemon juice or whatever you want. :bunnydance:

I meant to add a coupla pics, so shall try and send them now ...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 619
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 612
How many syns for a piece of it/whole cake? Or would you use the scan bran as a healthy extra? I probably wouldn't syn the banana but it sounds lovely! Xx

About 10 syns for the whole cake including the banana. You could only use the scan bran as a HEB if you were eating the whole thing the same day. Don't know how big it is but cutting it into 5, 2 syns a slice sounds okay

As far as I can see no syns, as the 5 x Scan Breads were used as a HEB and all the other ingreds are free - I admit I had a little piece on Fri then the rest of it yesterday, so even tho it was 'spread over two days,' I hope it still counted as a freeby HEB..?

As said upthread the banana would need to be synned and that's 4 or 5 syns depending on size.

As for the scan bran if you ate half of it then count it as half a HEB each day and use the other half HEB for something else :)

Strange Puss how mashed up banana (and I assume ALL fruit...?) has to be synned, prob cos their sugar content etc, but carrot, potato and any green veg all mashed up for a soup are 'free,' yet carrots have natural sugar ..... I make a lotta homemade veggie soups, so am hoping this is the case ...:D

Strange Puss how mashed up banana (and I assume ALL fruit...?) has to be synned, prob cos their sugar content etc, but carrot, potato and any green veg all mashed up for a soup are 'free,' yet carrots have natural sugar ..... I make a lotta homemade veggie soups, so am hoping this is the case ...:D

don't get them all started on the mashed banana debate. just accept it and move on. Some things on SW just don't make sense, but as this is the general go-to answer : "it works, why question it?!"

and don't do what I did and try to swallow a banana whole to prove a point.

veg mashed and/or cookedis free. fruit mashed and/or cooked is not. and I too am a rebel, I would not syn the banana in this recipe.

Back